• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Town bank and claiming

Kyren_

Stone
Ahoy!

My information comes from http://www.herocraftonline.com/wiki/Towns here, and I guess it's up to date. I've just got some questions on this that need clarification :)

Now, getting the town charter and 5 people to sign is relatively simple.

Then;

/town create
  • When the town is created, so is its Town Bank.
  • Weekly taxes (at the Hamlet rate) will be automatically withdrawn from the Town Bank from when the town is created.

So, the town bank is a fictional set of commands again, aye? There's no cool town bank chest or anything like that. It just serves as a bunch of commands to donate the materials to? And with the creation of the town bank, even if there is no site claimed for the town yet, the taxes start, according to the wiki. Meaning:

I charter a Town, create it with 5.000 coins from my own account, and then the Town bank expects to have it's weekly 400c even if the township's site hasn't been claimed yet? Meaning, if I take 1 month for collecting all the materials, I'll have to pay 1200c Taxes during that month without even having claimed my township?

And once I claim, I'm getting to pay another 5.000 from the fictional town bank?

I guess I'm getting this right, but it just sounds a little unbelievable to me considering the high numbers on coins. The materials are fine, realistic. But the coins? Are you supposed to have Veteran status, very good connections on the server, or be a miner for smelting gold to earn 10.000c?

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Ahoy!

My information comes from http://www.herocraftonline.com/wiki/Towns here, and I guess it's up to date. I've just got some questions on this that need clarification :)

Now, getting the town charter and 5 people to sign is relatively simple.

Then;

/town create
  • When the town is created, so is its Town Bank.
  • Weekly taxes (at the Hamlet rate) will be automatically withdrawn from the Town Bank from when the town is created.
So, the town bank is a fictional set of commands again, aye? There's no cool town bank chest or anything like that. It just serves as a bunch of commands to donate the materials to? And with the creation of the town bank, even if there is no site claimed for the town yet, the taxes start, according to the wiki. Meaning:

I charter a Town, create it with 5.000 coins from my own account, and then the Town bank expects to have it's weekly 400c even if the township's site hasn't been claimed yet? Meaning, if I take 1 month for collecting all the materials, I'll have to pay 1200c Taxes during that month without even having claimed my township?

And once I claim, I'm getting to pay another 5.000 from the fictional town bank?

I guess I'm getting this right, but it just sounds a little unbelievable to me considering the high numbers on coins. The materials are fine, realistic. But the coins? Are you supposed to have Veteran status, very good connections on the server, or be a miner for smelting gold to earn 10.000c?
Yes, it is a set of commands.
There is no cooldown whatsoever, donate to your heart's content (though hopefully they're materials that are actually used in town upgrades).
Yes, when the /town is made I believe taxes start automatically. That's why it's probably smarter to get all of your materials in place before having to pay a ton of taxes without an actual region.
Not sure what you mean by "I'm getting to pay another 5.000 from the fictional town bank?" If you mean paying twice, then no.
Coins can be earned over time through gold (mining/alchemy), voting, trading, etc. Remember, towns are supposed to be a group effort (10+ people) and not the effort of a single person. That is why it might seem expensive to you.

Kyren_

Stone
Hey there, and thanks for the reply!

Good, you helped me out with most of this! Let me clarify what I meant with another 5.000c from the town bank:

On the Wiki I've got the following:

Town claiming costs an additional 5000c as well as the item costs for Hamlet. These must be deposited in the Town Bank, and will be automatically withdrawn when the town claim command is given.

Meaning, the total costs of a township, if I pay at once, come to 10.000. The initial 5000 are not so unlikely to get quickly, my friends and me have invested 2.000 in LWCs so far, and another 1.000 in Classes and Professions over the time of 3 weeks or so. The second 5.000 strike me as a bit high, but I suppose the information on those is correct?

Of course, it just requires a bigger effort then, I'd just like to know it for calculating!

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Hey there, and thanks for the reply!

Good, you helped me out with most of this! Let me clarify what I meant with another 5.000c from the town bank:

On the Wiki I've got the following:

Town claiming costs an additional 5000c as well as the item costs for Hamlet. These must be deposited in the Town Bank, and will be automatically withdrawn when the town claim command is given.

Meaning, the total costs of a township, if I pay at once, come to 10.000. The initial 5000 are not so unlikely to get quickly, my friends and me have invested 2.000 in LWCs so far, and another 1.000 in Classes and Professions over the time of 3 weeks or so. The second 5.000 strike me as a bit high, but I suppose the information on those is correct?

Of course, it just requires a bigger effort then, I'd just like to know it for calculating!
I believe so. WitchOnaRampage - can you confirm?

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
To make a new Hamlet (town) you need a total of 10,000 coins plus all the materials.

The first 5,000 comes from the mayor's personal bank when the town is created. As soon as the town is created weekly taxes start.

The second 5,000 has to come from the town bank along with all the other materials when the town claims a region.