• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Titles]

Plob5

Legacy Supporter 2
I think titles should be as exclusive as they were in zeal!

People who have titles:

[Staff] (proctors, guides, etc)

[Grandmaster] (master all specs of a certain base class)

[Master titles] (first to master a certain spec/profession)

[Mayor/SiC] titles

[Admin/Moderator] (ofc :) )

[Custom titles] (top 3 donors)

[Veteran's/Elites] (1-2 years of hc)

[Failure] ( for people like maddi @SonOfAGunner)

MajorasMask

Ungodly
All of those titles are currently used, exepct for Mayor/SIC and Grandmaster titles. I'd like to see mayor titles return, with SIC ones to follow, hmm, maybe it could be automated using the charter system?

As for Grandmaster titles, it would be cool to see them back, although I really don't think it's needed considering we have mastery titles as a substitute already.

I'm still waiting for the [Nerd] title.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
I really think grandmaster titles would be great. I also would like mayor/sic titles that upgrade as your town upgrades :).

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8

People who have titles:

[Mayor/SiC] titles

No.

I like the idea of LOTS of titles that are easy to get with a few hard to get ones and a good amount of discontinued ones. I, myself, HATED Texteo for his title hogging on Zeal and I think many people despised the "Masters" especially when they went inactive.

I think we need many more titles then what we had on DG and even WoW has too little amounts of titles! Why the fuck would EVERYONE be the Kingslayer?

Same goes here though, so many Vets and soon to be too many Elites with the only obtainable titles being donor or class based, its just too easy or too abundant. @Kainzo Would it be possible to have more titles? Or at least some really rare ones (I'm talking even more rare than the tournament ones.) If you agree I can try and come up with some if you like.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
I don't want to see any titles leave, just add the mayor/sic and grandmaster :).

MajorasMask

Ungodly
@victim130 What was so bad about Texteo? He was perfectly active and trained hard for those titles! He deserved them.

Anyway, as we're on the topic, I don't think we should be introducing hundreds upon hundreds of titles to players. It'll just clog up the chat, and for the newer players, it might be confusing. Imagine that you log into a server, look at the chat for the first time and see nothing but endless streams of colours and names. I've seen that on servers in the past and in all honesty it put my off the server. It just looks, well, tacky.

I think we should go back to the ol' days, whereas you had a fair amount of titles, but they were hard to get. In other words, it would be possible to achieve the title but doing so would require effort, instead of now whereas you basically get titles for free (come on, I know plenty of ''veterans'' that only recieved their position because they got whitelisted for a year, not actually through PLAYING for a year).

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
(come on, I know plenty of ''veterans'' that only recieved their position because they got whitelisted for a year, not actually through PLAYING for a year).

Herocraft has been out only 2 years. So actually playing for one year would be almost impossible.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I agree titles should be a great accomplishment and not handed out like candy so everyone and their mother has one. It's a sign of achievement which tbh mastering a class isn't much of one.

I personally preferred the days in Zeal/Sanctum where those that managed to reach master first had something to show for it.
Herocraft has been out only 2 years. So actually playing for one year would be almost impossible.
I think he just means active.
Maybe if our quest system becomes very advanced a title could be awarded for those who complete the 'legendary' quest.
Really easy to do the issue is creating a quest hard enough to warrant a title.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
No.

I like the idea of LOTS of titles that are easy to get with a few hard to get ones and a good amount of discontinued ones. I, myself, HATED Texteo for his title hogging on Zeal and I think many people despised the "Masters" especially when they went inactive.

I think we need many more titles then what we had on DG and even WoW has too little amounts of titles! Why the fuck would EVERYONE be the Kingslayer?

Same goes here though, so many Vets and soon to be too many Elites with the only obtainable titles being donor or class based, its just too easy or too abundant. @Kainzo Would it be possible to have more titles? Or at least some really rare ones (I'm talking even more rare than the tournament ones.) If you agree I can try and come up with some if you like.
Yes more titles are something we want.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Really easy to do the issue is creating a quest hard enough to warrant a title.

This is just something I thought of.

As it stands now you can not enter the End in HC. A quest hard enough to earn a title would be to slay an enderdragon.

This quest would require a group of skilled (and mastered) specs fully geared and only ONE person would get the title at a time.

I believe in vanilla MC there is another ender dragon if you find another portal. I think that if a portal to the end was implemented into the spawn people could attempt to slay the dragon when they are ready.

To make it so people can't just 'farm' the title for their friends you could make it only spawn an ender dragon every week (or every 2 weeks).

Idk how hard this would be to implement but it would add a very challenging quest.

EDIT: And the title could be something like 'DragonSlayer'

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
This is just something I thought of.
Just saying an ender dragon is stupidly easy to kill with a group of players. When you hit them they fly away from you so as long as you've got a couple of people with ranged attacks it will never hit you.
That and I can't do quests for groups. There isn't a way to share the rewards so only one person would get the title.

I can script my own boss using Sentry so I'll probably play about with that and try to make a stupidly hard boss at some point :p

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I think titles should be kept away from quests. You may say that they could be awarded after ''Hard Quests'' when, well, what would you define as ''hard''? One month an architect could design a difficult dungeon, and then the next month, something more difficult could come to replace it. Over time, what was originally difficult would become easy.

Although I can't say for sure if that would happen often.

SonOfAGunner

Ungodly

People who have titles:

[Mayor/SiC] titles

B-but I like my Failure title... :(