• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Thief's and Ranger's new skill

RagingDragon5

Portal
Okay so I have an idea for a skill for a thief and a ranger.

Thief
Shroud
You shroud yourself in darkness (This skill should only work at a certain light level, or at night. What this skill will do is turn the person invisible for 10 seconds, will break upon damage or attack or placing of a block.

Ranger
Camouflage
You use your surroundings to hide yourself (This skill should only work, if they are on anything nature like, dirt; wood; sand; gravel;etc. 10 seconds as well.)

I suggest these skills because thief need someway to sneak on an enemy to get their backstab a chance, and ranger needs someway to get out of danger if an enemy gets to close to them

I like the idea of the ranger being able to use something like camouflage on nature, and it would last until he did an action, or maybe 30 seconds.

agentjwall

Godly
I like the idea of time-of-day based abilities, It would be a cool addition to many rogue classes.
(Although, I'm not sure how easy it would be to program...)

What if the ranger's skill broke if you moved? Instead of being used for an escape skill, you would use it to set up ambushes by lying in and waiting for your opponent to come by you. I think this would be an interesting twist to vary the skills a little bit and add a new dimension to ranger-based combat...

Sigpit

Legacy Supporter 7
I really like the idea, they would be a good edition to those classes.

RagingDragon5

Portal
Thieves shouldn't get another PvP skill, they're made to be thieves not PvP monsters.

Giving them shroud is not going to turn them into pvp monsters, it will make it more balance. Thieves use darkness to strike and to get away, so Shroud fits perfectly with the thief spec.

PernixPike

Legacy Supporter 4
Thieves need a way to combat warrior specs. The invisibility would gives us a good chance to use our backstab, making the fight more fair. As it currently stands Sammys and DKs Are nearly impossible to fight as a Thief.

RagingDragon5

Portal
Thieves need a way to combat warrior specs. The invisibility would gives us a good chance to use our backstab, making the fight more fair. As it currently stands Sammys and DKs Are nearly impossible to fight as a Thief.

Thank you, that is why I wanted shroud for backstab. Glad you saw it.