• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Thief Class

xwetzx

Legacy Supporter 4
It would be cool to have a thief class that focuses on stealing things/stealth. Maybe pick pocketing small amounts of souls, getting into things you are not suppose to <:) I think this would be fun.

monkeyfatzer

Legacy Supporter 3
It would be cool to have a thief class that focuses on stealing things/stealth. Maybe pick pocketing small amounts of souls, getting into things you are not suppose to <:) I think this would be fun.
Was on dragonguard, got fused with ninja.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
As Monkey said, there was a Thief class in Dragongarde. It was too much alike the Ninja class and since Ninja has lost a lot of its old straight up DPS in favour of Stealth/Assassination skills I don't think Thief would be a good idea to re-introduce as Thief would be a Stealth/Assassin class anyways with elements of thievery.

xwetzx

Legacy Supporter 4
I'm talking more like a profession not a combat. Someone who can focus on stealing stuff.

xwetzx

Legacy Supporter 4
Yah that would be so much fun =) have a way to look in peoples inventory, and maybe even reverse pickpocket them poison potions =p

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Yah that would be so much fun =) have a way to look in peoples inventory, and maybe even reverse pickpocket them poison potions =p
Theft on Ninja was removed because it was used to exploit. If it does ever get fixed making it its own profession sounds amazing.

The following is what happens if you give someone who's bored a computer...

Thief
Skilled in the art of theft
Thief is one of the specializations a player can choose upon mastering their Crafter profession and paying the appropriate amount of in-game currency. Masters of theft and smuggling. They are those who do not like hard work to make a living, but instead take the riches of others. Their talents stem from both physical and magical prowess, able to steal items without their owner noticing. By the time you turn around, your pockets are already empty.

Theif Skills: (In general)

-pickpocket skill. Would scale over levels to control what and how much you can take depends on your level. (
Possibly armor but not from hotbar)
-Ultravision. Why not?
-some running skill. Some Speed I boost for 3-4 secs with a long CD
-Talk to villagers? Makes
sense, stealing stuff and selling it back.

idk what else to add without making it over powered.

and yes...I was bored

Last edited:

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Theft on Ninja was removed because it was used to exploit. If it does ever get fixed making it its own profession sounds amazing.

The following is what happens if you give someone who's bored a computer...

Thief
Skilled in the art of theft
Thief is one of the specializations a player can choose upon mastering their Crafter profession and paying the appropriate amount of in-game currency. Masters of theft and smuggling. They are those who do like hard work to make a living, but instead take the riches of others. Their talents stem from both physical and magical prowess, able to steal items without their owner noticing. By the time you turn around, your pockets are already empty.

Theif Skills: (In general)

-pickpocket skill. Would scale over levels to control what and how much you can take depends on your level. (
Possibly armor but not from hotbar)
-Ultravision. Why not?
-some running skill. Some Speed I boost for 3-4 secs with a long CD
-Talk to villagers? Makes
sense, stealing stuff and selling it back.

idk what else to add without making it over powered.

and yes...I was bored
I kinda like it, but sounds like it might givetoo much of an edge in pvp, heh.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I kinda like it, but sounds like it might givetoo much of an edge in pvp, heh.
Give it something like Forage except that it gives a scrap of metal instead of food and a skill that gives a speed boost (1 or 2) that only works when outside of combat and breaks if tagged. Just throwing around suggestions, I'd love to see a Thief profession. I think PickPocket/Thievery should be its main thing and then a few small skills next to it kind of like what Runesmith is.

xwetzx

Legacy Supporter 4
Give it something like Forage except that it gives a scrap of metal instead of food and a skill that gives a speed boost (1 or 2) that only works when outside of combat and breaks if tagged. Just throwing around suggestions, I'd love to see a Thief profession. I think PickPocket/Thievery should be its main thing and then a few small skills next to it kind of like what Runesmith is.
This Omg lets make this happen!

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
I hate suggesting new skills as someone who knows nothing about making them. Just imaged finding it annoying if I knew how to code.

I will say I'd be nice if this happened but with all the new stuff planned and whatnot I doubt it's possible. Love the concept though.

I think allowing theft in non-pvp areas like the exchange would frustrate new players. Theft would also, when outside of pvp regions, leave few options for retaliation or defense.

Trying to steal, however, when you are in a pvp region would be foolish because they'd expect it and more likely than not attack you before you had the chance.

Honestly, maybe I'm blind, but I don't see the real practical functionality at the moment.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I think allowing theft in non-pvp areas like the exchange would frustrate new players. Theft would also, when outside of pvp regions, leave few options for retaliation or defense.

Trying to steal, however, when you are in a pvp region would be foolish because they'd expect it and more likely than not attack you before you had the chance.

Honestly, maybe I'm blind, but I don't see the real practical functionality at the moment.
When Thievery was in it worked in no-PvP, the reason they removed it was because of some kind of exploit/glitch.