• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

There's no where to mine...

javilionaire

Stone
I've just started mining and everywhere I go leads to someones tunnel. Most of the world is tapped and it's so annoying. I've been to a lot of places around the map and most of them are tapped.

It really sucks!

Any advice? Will there be a ore refresh or something at some point?

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I've just started mining and everywhere I go leads to someones tunnel. Most of the world is tapped and it's so annoying. I've been to a lot of places around the map and most of them are tapped.

It really sucks!

Go to the new land areas beyond 3000. The new map area is 3000-3500 ;)

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
There is still tons of ore left in the map. If I were you I would try mining at a different elevation. I find around 12 elevation is really mined out. Try mining around bedrock, there's tons of ore there and tons of diamond. Only problem with that is running into lava sometimes. 15-18 elevation is gold too. Soon a new map "warshard" will be released. It constantly resets and so you'll be able to find tons of ore there. The main risk with warshard is that its tiny and people will go there to hunt miners down as that's a great way to make money too. :p

Neotetro

Legacy Supporter 3
I run across mines and ores all the time, too much for me to carry haha. You gotta be at least 500 blocks away from spawn tho :p

And there will not be an ore refresh, because there is more than enough out there ;)

javilionaire

Stone

It really sucks!

Oh wow! really?! Is that 3000-3500 z? whats the x coord?

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9

It really sucks!

Passed 3000 x or y works. They don't have to both be 3000

javilionaire

Stone

It really sucks!

Passed 3000 x or y works. They don't have to both be 3000
Ok, is that also -3000?

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9

javilionaire

Stone

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9

MajorasMask

Ungodly
There are plenty of resources left on the map, just try in the newly generated chunks! :p There is still some there! ;)

javilionaire

Stone
Ok, is that also -3000?
Yup if its 3000 or over positive or negative its good for mining. Its the newer area of the map.

I'm at -3000 now, but level 13 is all tapped :(
Then I'd refer to that first post I posted on here. It has some helpful tips.

K thanks. I just died and lost everything. I hate lava and i'm starting to not like this game lol...

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
Yup if its 3000 or over positive or negative its good for mining. Its the newer area of the map.

K thanks. I just died and lost everything. I hate lava and i'm starting to not like this game lol...
I warned about the lava :p just stand back a few blocks from the spot you're mining. That way if there's ova you wont instantly fall in

javilionaire

Stone

I warned about the lava :p just stand back a few blocks from the spot you're mining. That way if there's ova you wont instantly fall in

Yeah i guess i was getting a bit sloppy because I was mining for 45 mins and only found 20 iron.

Whats the best area to find gold?

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9

Yeah i guess i was getting a bit sloppy because I was mining for 45 mins and only found 20 iron.

12-18. I'd like to say 12 is the most mined layer though.

javilionaire

Stone

Right. So which layer would you recommend i mine on?

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9

If you want to avoid lava I'd say 15. All I mentioned are good though.

javilionaire

Stone

If you want to avoid lava I'd say 15. All I mentioned are good though.

Someone just told me that the best place to mine gold is level 9 (gold percentage wise). Is this true?

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9