• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion The long awaited Quake remake

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Quake has always been a fun and awesome skill, but it makes me and other goons sad that it's broken. So Kainzo said that it would have to be remade, and the most liked suggestion of his was to make it some kind of active.

Well here's my new "quake" suggestion - Quake would work hand in hand with superjump, or just by jumping down something tall(thought this isn't advisable). You would use the skill mid-air, and when you land you will do an AoE quake that deals damage.

To prevent abuse it could deal damage depending on how far you fell, if that is codable. It would be awesome to deal 0.5dmg per block you fall down after using the activate, again, if it's codable.

I would like to see quake as an active tied to superjump as well, however, I propose the opposite implementation.

Let's have quake deal scaling damage based upon how closely you can get the time you cast quake (during a fall) to the time you hit the ground. This creates a skill based risk-reward mechanic. Players must cast quake before impact or risk wasting stamina for no damage and yet they must cast it close to impact time to do appealing damage.

The problem of people casting quake every time they press space can be solved with a velocity threshold. Simply have quake only deal damage if cast above a certain falling speed Note that any press of the skill will consume stamina but the skill would only succeed if the conditions above are met. I think the proper threshold would need to be above "/skill jump" and level 55 tumble threshold so that it is either tied to taking damage or using superjump.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
My original idea called for basically the same thing- measuring how far you fell to determine it's effect. Sleaker told me that it was impossible at the time. I still like the idea but I don't know if anything's changed.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I trust Sleaks. He's a smart dude. If that was an option I'm inclined to believe that he would have considered it. Maybe something has changed since then and if so by all means let's put it to use.