• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The Hunger Games

bearcat99

Sir GrowlMeow
Legacy Supporter 2
HOLY SHIT THIS IS SUCH A GREAT BOOK.

I checked out The Hunger Games at my library for my trip. I was flying to Frankfurt from San Fran and I saw that the movie was offered to me for free. However, I resisted the temptation and chose not to watch it since it may spoil the book.

Thank god I listened to myself.

I read the book in a day and a half. Loved it. So good. Need more. Gotta check out the sequel. SO GOOD.

My dad watched the movie while on the plane and said it was so-so. He didn't read the book though, so I am waiting to see it because I know I will greatly disapprove of the movie.

Opinions? And try not to spoil anything. If you must, put it in a "Spoiler".

ThatAintFalco

Portal
You're only reading this now????
I finished the series a few years ago, but it's still good. If you want to read a similar book like it check out
"The Maze Runner" by James Dashner.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
I'm on the third one right now and the first two are really good, though I had my doubts on how the author could compete with the action packed chapters of the first book because after all when you win the hunger games you are free for life from them, right? :p She did though and it's just as good as the first one.

Also, so many things happen in a book that even if you watch the movie first the book will be still have its own surprises.:)

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I don't get why people didn't like the movie. The people I know who didn't like it never read the books, so I guess you had to read them to appreciate it. Honestly, the setting, the music, all that shit was perfect IMO. Especially how they presented the Capital, I loved that! :D

bearcat99

Sir GrowlMeow
Legacy Supporter 2
From what I heard from my dad, I know a lot of details are missing in the movie. And I hear there is a riot in District 11 in the movie?

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
From what I heard from my dad, I know a lot of details are missing in the movie. And I hear there is a riot in District 11 in the movie?

From what I'm remembering the riot is in the second book. I've never seen the movie though. xD

bearcat99

Sir GrowlMeow
Legacy Supporter 2
Spoiler below:

I know that in the end, Peetah doesn't lose his leg in the movie. I don't know if that is important or not. I guess it really just depends if he is used in the sequel, which I don't know yet.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Spoiler below:

I know that in the end, Peetah doesn't lose his leg in the movie. I don't know if that is important or not. I guess it really just depends if he is used in the sequel, which I don't know yet.

I feel that it was a minor thing in all three books, nothing too important. I don't remember many references to it within book 2 or 3.

bearcat99

Sir GrowlMeow
Legacy Supporter 2
We should host a Hunger Games event. With a little twist of course. haha

Mrchucklez

Legacy Supporter 6
I read the first two, then I started reading the third ones first couple chapters and just stopped. Can't get myself to pick it back up again