• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The Hero in Herocraft

When is it alright to kill? (in game of course)

• Total voters

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
Funny are u not allied with canterlot and I remember during no whitelist weekend Etkenn the mayor of canterlot camping spawn just to kill nubs...

he said his town promoted good, he never said he was allied to towns that did the same :p

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Funny are u not allied with canterlot and I remember during no whitelist weekend Etkenn the mayor of canterlot camping spawn just to kill nubs...
I did kill newbs while there was no-whitelist. But normally when I meet newbs, I give them some food and tools and wish them good luck. Just because I did Evil things under the event, doesn't mean I am Evil in general.

Many people agreed on killings newbs while there was No-whitelist, even Good towns.

A Good town can be allies to a Neutral town...

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I only PvP when dueling, defending myself, or supporting allies and I consider myself a "good guy" IRL, but if I thought that villains were in the minority here I wouldn't have a problem RPing as a (classy) bad guy. As it stands, there seems to be a lot more evil than good on the server and I default to good anyways.

Glent

Glowing Redstone
I did kill newbs while there was no-whitelist. But normally when I meet newbs, I give them some food and tools and wish them good luck. Just because I did Evil things under the event, doesn't mean I am Evil in general.

Many people agreed on killings newbs while there was No-whitelist, even Good towns.

That's no excuse, they can't defend themselves.

You're pretty evil tbh.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3

Cough Belegost Cough turned Evil from Good for no whitelist weekend @Haxnn cough

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
Our town has been begging for PVP and to kill noobs since we were created. However we want to stay a good town so we compramised and went evil for the weekend.

Troppics

Legacy Supporter 3
Very interesting topic, Teddy. Within a week or so there will be a guild that's set up to combat just that, as well as setting up various safe houses, protecting newbies/defending defenceless, and doing all that fun stuff. Send me a /tell or start a convo with me if you'd like more info!
Return of the Templars??

:O

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
If I see someone I will try to kill them. Why? Because 98% of the time if someone sees me they instantly attack. Even if they walk right past without touching me I'll attack them so they learn to trust no one. Herocraft has hardened me. ^~^

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Very interesting topic, Teddy. Within a week or so there will be a guild that's set up to combat just that, as well as setting up various safe houses, protecting newbies/defending defenceless, and doing all that fun stuff. Send me a /tell or start a convo with me if you'd like more info!
Yus. I like this very much, Sir Aerokii. ^.^ Remind me to check out your Cathedral (Or whatever it was, anywho)
I'm going to start visiting towns armed with nothing but food and see who gives me a tour and who kills me, or basically who's nice and who's an asshole lol.
If you visit my town, you'll be dead. ;)

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
Aerokii's cathedral is amazing, a whale to the minnow of my cathedral. (But mine is still under renovation). I wish there were more cathedrals around the map.

shrimpy77

Glowstone
You guys keep blabbering but I'm the real hero here. I never make fun of people and I never kill random noobs :p.

Afforess

Glowstone
So I was outside legacy today by the hero gate, and I was talking to 2 players. They told me that if I were to leave no-pvp they would murder me. When I asked them why they told me "We Kill anyone we see". I had clearly done them no wrong, and when I asked them why they would just murder anyone they responded "This is Hardcore-PVP". I know this is true but I also told them that is also an RPG. With that I was told they don't Rpg to begin with. So this is my problem with so many people running around just killing for the sake of killing who is there to stop these evil doers that prey on the weak and innocent? I know my reputation is not the best but I strive to only hunt down and destroy those that would kill anyone they can. (maybe some people that have raided my town) I know I am not alone for not everyone is a homicidal maniac and there are those out there that believe that Good will triumph over the forces of evil.

For evil to win, good men must simply do nothing...

Kainzo has talked about adding Karma to Herocraft for ages, and I believe @Sleaker has it all mapped out already. I think Karma could solve this problem.

In real life, people don't murder each other because society would not function. As a society, we have decided to punish people who murder, in order to co-exist.

This same principle currently does not apply to Herocraft. Punishment for murder? NOPE. You could be a notorious spawn camper and still walk into the trade district without anyone even noticing.

But what if you couldn't?

What if evil players walked into the trade district, and could be attacked by any law abiding citizen? What if you had an automatic 250c bounty on your head for your notorious crimes? 500c? 5000c? Good luck selling your stolen goods.

On the flip side, good karma is binding. A good citizen can not harm another. In this case, they literally would be unable to attack anyone with > 0 karma. Good karma means you are reliable. It also means you are bound by the restrictions of the law, moreso then others. What if it meant you couldn't open any chests you didn't place without explicit permission? What if it meant you could only WALK through any towns, no running allowed. Good karma means you are an upstanding person, and means people can count on you to follow the rules (5% chest shop discount, owner still receives full price, but you pay less?).

In the middle, you have those of neutral karma. Not too evil, not too good. You probably won't kill me on the spot. But you probably won't help me either. Most people are neutral.

Just some random ideas late at night :p

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I think killing should be for revenge, IMO. Or self-defence. That's just me, I know plenty of people that like to kill for the sake of killing! :p

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I think killing should be for revenge, IMO. Or self-defence. That's just me, I know plenty of people that like to kill for the sake of killing! :p
Says the guy who ports into other towns and kill people at random, baaaad Karma over here.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
For evil to win, good men must simply do nothing...

Kainzo has talked about adding Karma to Herocraft for ages, and I believe @Sleaker has it all mapped out already. I think Karma could solve this problem.

In real life, people don't murder each other because society would not function. As a society, we have decided to punish people who murder, in order to co-exist.

This same principle currently does not apply to Herocraft. Punishment for murder? NOPE. You could be a notorious spawn camper and still walk into the trade district without anyone even noticing.

But what if you couldn't?

What if evil players walked into the trade district, and could be attacked by any law abiding citizen? What if you had an automatic 250c bounty on your head for your notorious crimes? 500c? 5000c? Good luck selling your stolen goods.

On the flip side, good karma is binding. A good citizen can not harm another. In this case, they literally would be unable to attack anyone with > 0 karma. Good karma means you are reliable. It also means you are bound by the restrictions of the law, moreso then others. What if it meant you couldn't open any chests you didn't place without explicit permission? What if it meant you could only WALK through any towns, no running allowed. Good karma means you are an upstanding person, and means people can count on you to follow the rules (5% chest shop discount, owner still receives full price, but you pay less?).

In the middle, you have those of neutral karma. Not too evil, not too good. You probably won't kill me on the spot. But you probably won't help me either. Most people are neutral.

Just some random ideas late at night :p
I agree with the contents contained in this post