• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The Hero in Herocraft

When is it alright to kill? (in game of course)

• Total voters

teddytazer

Soulsand
So I was outside legacy today by the hero gate, and I was talking to 2 players. They told me that if I were to leave no-pvp they would murder me. When I asked them why they told me "We Kill anyone we see". I had clearly done them no wrong, and when I asked them why they would just murder anyone they responded "This is Hardcore-PVP". I know this is true but I also told them that is also an RPG. With that I was told they don't Rpg to begin with. So this is my problem with so many people running around just killing for the sake of killing who is there to stop these evil doers that prey on the weak and innocent? I know my reputation is not the best but I strive to only hunt down and destroy those that would kill anyone they can. (maybe some people that have raided my town) I know I am not alone for not everyone is a homicidal maniac and there are those out there that believe that Good will triumph over the forces of evil.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Interesting point here, teddy... I don't support killing unless it's justified (this can be for many reasons - vengeance, helping out a friend/ally, defending yourself, the rest mentioned in your poll, etc). However, in respect to the HERO in herocraft, those that kill randomly and without much of a reason could be considered ANTIheros ;D.

Encoded2

Stone
Id Kill anyone, all the time, not because its a pvp server but because theres always the possibility that someone might actualy have valuables on them. And if you spare someones life you never know if theyll do the same for you in the furture. Although, If its clearly someone who is just starting out, or someone who you know is trustworthy I wouldn't kill them.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
Very interesting topic, Teddy. Within a week or so there will be a guild that's set up to combat just that, as well as setting up various safe houses, protecting newbies/defending defenceless, and doing all that fun stuff. Send me a /tell or start a convo with me if you'd like more info!

teddytazer

Soulsand
So shortly after this post. I went through a hero-gate and was attacked by a ranger, So I turned around. and devoured his evil soul. Also he dropped 2 endstone. Course he asked me if I would return it and I asked him why he attacked me.. I was told for xp and he apologized not knowing I was not a nub. I told him killing nubs for xp isnt cool and returned him 1 endstone.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
He honestly didn't deserve even one back if he attacked you first with that kind of loot on him... I come from a different time where I could walk into another persons town (enemy or not) and not be killed and just hang out, get a tour etc. Heck people didn't build walls to block people from entering which is kinda why I was so against building walls for my town at the start of the map because I was used to that big open feeling. Now if I tried to visit a town I don't have a friend inside simply to check the place out and admire the work put into it I'll probably be dead before I reach the entrance gate.

Thejoker1177

Legacy Supporter 3
Very interesting topic, Teddy. Within a week or so there will be a guild that's set up to combat just that, as well as setting up various safe houses, protecting newbies/defending defenceless, and doing all that fun stuff. Send me a /tell or start a convo with me if you'd like more info!
Finally!

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
I'm used to killing people I encounter. For the fun of it, not to piss people off, and not to declare myself as some sort of beast at PvP. If I lose, so be it. If I'm outnumbered, yeah I'll run like I bitch. I'm hard to catch once I get myself in a sticky situation. I usually don't think twice about killing someone tbh.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
I love watching peoples reactions as I make sure they see me as I run by them after not killing them.

BigguthDickuth

Soulsand
He honestly didn't deserve even one back if he attacked you first with that kind of loot on him... I come from a different time where I could walk into another persons town (enemy or not) and not be killed and just hang out, get a tour etc. Heck people didn't build walls to block people from entering which is kinda why I was so against building walls for my town at the start of the map because I was used to that big open feeling. Now if I tried to visit a town I don't have a friend inside simply to check the place out and admire the work put into it I'll probably be dead before I reach the entrance gate.

The community changes, we just have to evolve and adapt.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
I'm going to start visiting towns armed with nothing but food and see who gives me a tour and who kills me, or basically who's nice and who's an asshole lol.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
I'm going to start visiting towns armed with nothing but food and see who gives me a tour and who kills me, or basically who's nice and who's an asshole lol.
Although generally I agree that most towns will kill you, it doesn't necessarily make that town full of assholes. Besides the stereotypical douche bag trolls who kill everyone to piss people off and to laugh in their face, there are some classy pvp'er I've encountered this map. For example, @Badblood161 , who I freakin miss, he's been inactive. Can't ever piss that guy off, I've tried. Stole a double chest of iron ingots from him and he was unfazed. He's just a cool dude looking to have some fun by doing some PvP, not in the business of trolling or bragging.

Joka10

Soulsand
This is an interesting question... I don't like KoS'rs... I've tried to be one at points, and just felt bad doing it... Though my town is Neutral, I see myself aligned closer to Good... I believe (somewhat) in vengeance, but mainly I just practice self defense and fighting KoS'rs (i.e. standing seemingly unarmed in the Nexus and luring a hunter out straight into a trap set by me and my friends :))

And about Legacy... they used to be pretty cool until today... then they just went all-out crazy. They were our allies and they randomly just turned on us. They turned to the dark side D:

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
I am very defensive, but otherwise I don't kill unprovoked. I may be a bit harsh on people when it comes to my town though, I usually give someone one reply within 3 seconds of what they are doing in my town before I kill them.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
So I was outside legacy today by the hero gate, and I was talking to 2 players. They told me that if I were to leave no-pvp they would murder me. When I asked them why they told me "We Kill anyone we see". I had clearly done them no wrong, and when I asked them why they would just murder anyone they responded "This is Hardcore-PVP". I know this is true but I also told them that is also an RPG. With that I was told they don't Rpg to begin with. So this is my problem with so many people running around just killing for the sake of killing who is there to stop these evil doers that prey on the weak and innocent? I know my reputation is not the best but I strive to only hunt down and destroy those that would kill anyone they can. (maybe some people that have raided my town) I know I am not alone for not everyone is a homicidal maniac and there are those out there that believe that Good will triumph over the forces of evil.
AntiPK vs PK ... without villains there can be no Heroes...

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3

This is part of what LF strives for, to promote Good and protect the weak etc.

Shadowatom

Gold
I believe so, if i remember properly anyone with bad karma will lose more exp but less money. Where as anyone with good karma will lose less exp but more money. Anyways why cant i pick for self defense and to help allies? because thats what i normally do unless they really piss me off which is somewhat difficult to do nowadays. Im just glad where i live right now is actually pretty quiet and not many people come along to pvp or anything such as that.