• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT The Final Stand - New Era/Map Reset

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
People can generate huge sums of money with little effort, if not they can always vote. Easy money for herogates. I like the idea of herogates being linked to towns and PVP though as it gives a reason to fight which is really lacking.

Money sinks need to be in place if you want a stable economy, and the money sink needs to be practical so that you actually take enough out of the economy. Spawn plots are: 1. Limited and 2. Bad for the server in general as they don't encourage towns or PVP at all.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I remember bastion when I would never use herogates. I either sold all my gold to my town, or waited for someone to port me for free. I did the same when I needed to stock my leather shop, got a free tp then sat in there for hours spawning and killing cows.

Point is there is no reason to make herogates free really, pretty much all of the reasons you have given make no sense. Looking to raid a town? Well first if you are actually looking to raid chances are you are not new, but you've killed some mobs and gotten yourself at least a few hundred souls ( more if you voted) so the cost is almost meaningless to you. If you are looking for PVP you could also just walk... Maybe you find some while on your way? If you win you usually make some money, if not you need to get new gear anyway which could mean Mining, either way the money is just printed again and again.

J2BH

Legacy Supporter 7
Unfortunate to see little provided for the pve playerbase, but this looks great nonetheless! High hopes man high hopes..

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Unfortunate to see little provided for the pve playerbase, but this looks great nonetheless! High hopes man high hopes..
What do you mean "little provided to the PvE playerbase"?

There are plenty of things that can be added to help a PvE playerbase while not totally slaughtering PvP like it has done in the past. I'm not one totally against rare items dropping, it gives PvE players something to grind for however they need to be toned down. Things like that are pretty open for discussion from what I've seen, there is just a lack of suggestions for a huge part of the community. I've been ranting for quite a while now so it's nice to see some things I've said may actually become reality.

I'm all for some PvE content if it is actually interesting, fun and engaging. Herocraft for me has only thrived on the PvP aspect however. That's not totally the fault of anyone working on the content, there is only so much you can do with Minecraft before it gets boring but PvE content can't just be boring time sinks to level.

A lot of issues stem from a lack of people wanting to contribute and actually applying for positions to produce content. I know for a fact that with a huge lack of active Heralds and nobody applying there isn't much you can produce ( Looking for more Heralds :p ) haha I my mind wanders and I get off topic.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Bring back banker position!
Seriously though: Sounds like a solid Idea. More incentives to make money = more play time. If people can make the large amount of souls needed to buy spawn plots or whatever else we have for currency dumps, people will stick around. Will also mean players can continue to make money, even once the main map is mined out.
I heard someone said Banker. You rang? I answered. Sorry if you already hung up while waiting for the voice mail, reception is slow up here in my snowy cave.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
An Update:

Things have been coming along.
We have accomplished a lot in the last week and have steam rolled several needed changes, especially in the code.

Townships is still not 100% ready but we're still going! We had several hiccups that would not allow a release date if they were present at release. We're working very hard to fix them by 3PM CST - if they arent squashed by that time, I will have to extend the release to next week (I REALLY DONT WANT THIS.)
Working List
  • Chunk Based Protection
  • Town Bank Withdraw/depsoit/view
  • Invites/Disbands/Promotes/Upgrades/Kicks
  • Chunk Claiming/Chunk Cost
  • Taxes, Upkeep, Player Taxes
  • Distance based claimining
  • Township Help List
Not Working List
  • Region Management
  • Colorization of some messages
  • Feedback for users leaving/joining
  • Feedback for new towns being created/disbanded
  • Harvesters for Economic and special upgrades
  • Township Graveyards
  • Castle Conquest

The map terrain is custom made 2ish years ago and you can view it here if you missed my previous updates. There are a few biomes that will be fought over to gain biome specific authority against your other townships.
0ua6dBO.png

GodOfGales

Legacy Supporter 4
Townships is still not 100% ready but we're still going! We had several hiccups that would not allow a release date if they were present at release. We're working very hard to fix them by 3PM CST - if they arent squashed by that time, I will have to extend the release to next week (I REALLY DONT WANT THIS.)
Oh no! Perhaps you could release without Townships, if necessary, and allow us to gather resources and level. When Townships is released, we'll be able to build our towns. Would add a, much more raidable, start of the map.

Still, I hope you get things going Kainzo! Many of us believe you'll release it when it's ready, and make it the best it can be!

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Oh no! Perhaps you could release without Townships, if necessary, and allow us to gather resources and level. When Townships is released, we'll be able to build our towns. Would add a, much more raidable, start of the map.

Still, I hope you get things going Kainzo! Many of us believe you'll release it when it's ready, and make it the best it can be!
Townships existing is something I'd personally file as extremely important to have, at least with basic functionality.
Patching in more advanced functions is fine (and almost guaranteed to happen even if delayed a week), but Townships is the butter to Heroes' bread.

Yeah, that would do more harm than good. Players coming back/just joining would leave faster with no towns to join. Towny really is one of the key elements in HC (aside from the Herocraft combat plugin itself), and without it the players would lose a major goal to work towards.

Jaw895

Legacy Supporter 8
I wish they got rid of souls and depended on gold ingots again, i miss the days of interation and fear to get your currency back to the spawn, or selling to other players that made a slight profit off the risk.

I have only been on this server for a couple months, but I will do what I can to keep this server alive! Anything you need help with, I'm here for you guys!

Royfaren

Legacy Supporter 6
Cool stuff. I think it's important to note that over the last 6 years, the Minecraft player base has grown quite younger. As a result it's more difficult to retain players because of shorter attention spans.
My suggestion: not really well thought out, but how about some sort of retention based incentive program for towns? If town leaders retain a new member they recruited, the town gets some sort of exponential bonus that relates to how long that player sticks around. Maybe 2 week, 1 month and 2 month bonus. This gives noob towns an advantage over elitist towns.
PvP vs PvE:
I like where this is going. I think the number one thing is PvP leveling only for PvP classes. What's the point of leveling a fighting class in complete safety?
How is class switching cost going to work out? I think discounted rates for a first prof would help a lot for retention.
I can't think of more at this minute but I may later.
I might add; I'm personally not a PvP person period. I go on raids once in a blue moon. However I really enjoy the challenge of being a successful PvEr in a PvP world. Yeah, there's moments of rage, but keep a low profile, become a professional at defense and you won't be having problems.

Last edited: