• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The Elders Scrolls

Jackrox256

Obsidian
I am shocked! :eek:

No Elders Scrolls thread, very disappointed.

So I was wondering what is your favourite Elders Scrolls game?

If you don't know what Elders Scrolls is then here's a nice bit of background for you.

The Elders Scrolls is a game series made developed and still being developed by a company named Bethesda. It started off as a small role-playing game called The Elders Scrolls: Arena.

This was followed 2 years later by a successor named The Elders Scrolls II: Daggerfall, this was more ambitious of Bethesda giving the first 3D scale world of a mass size. The map was about the size of Great Britain. The game was notoriously buggy but still loved by it's fans. Although the reviews did not show the game to be as good.

There were two other low profile games called The Elders Scrolls Legends: Battlespire which was more of a dungeon exploring rather then Role-Playing, this was released in 1997.
The other was The Elders Scrolls Adventures: Redguard, this followed a more action adventure game game with not as much freedom as Daggerfall.

This is my favourite by far and holds a certain special love to me. The Elders Scrolls III: Morrowind, this was a 3D open world RPG game. This was released in 2002 and by 2005 it sold over 1 million copies. This game was the foundation of all of Bethesda's efforts and set the standard for all RPG after it. Is a MUST get in my opinion.

This one is more high profiled and was released in 2006 The Elders Scrolls IV: Oblivion. This was a some what let down to the more hardcore Elder Scrolls players. Although to the more casual player it was the standing point for their love of Bethesda. It was still a great game and is a recommend from me.

This game is not out but it will be very soon, The Elders Scrolls V: Skyrim. This will be released on the 11.11.11 and when I play enough I will update my thread.

Jackrox256

Obsidian
Well it is mindless I agree, but remember Bethesda is a big company now that part of their company has nothing to do with the gaming part. No need to not get a great game because of some stupid law suit. But in the end your choice. Me myself I Pre-ordered it :D

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
I'm mildly insulted that there is not Skyrim sub-forum. I dont are about lawsuits, I care about the games, and this one looks epic

Seratt

Inquisitor Generalis
Founder
I'm mildly insulted that there is not Skyrim sub-forum. I dont are about lawsuits, I care about the games, and this one looks epic
There won't be. Those forums are for DH players to gather and discuss multiplayer games.

Seratt

Inquisitor Generalis
Founder
Good point. I'm just not opposed to discussion of Single player games
Let me rephrase. Feel free to discuss all you want, that's what the other games forum is for.

We don't have any plans to make forums for single player games at this time.

GaidenFocus

ICE ICE ICE!
Daggerfall. When i first played it, it blew my mind. The rest were equally as awesome.

AudieMurphy135

Soulsand
I won't be buying this one because of the mindless lawsuit from Bethesda.

I liked Oblivion / FO3 though.
The lawsuit is from Zenimax, not Bethesda. Bethesda has nothing to do with the lawsuit.

Edit: Also, these two articles explain the situation pretty well. Zenimax had some legitimate concerns.

http://kotaku.com/5846111/mojang-v-bethesda-or-i-hate-it-when-mommy-and-daddy-fight
http://kotaku.com/5847295/mojang-v-bethesda-part-2-the-attorneys-and-notch--pete-weigh-in

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Oblivion was amazing and I just now pre-ordered Skyrim CE for $170 off of Amazon for the PC. Can't wait <3

Jackrox256

Obsidian
i think notch should just stop making scrolls all together because it sounds and looks absolutely terrible.

He shouldn't have started anyway, his first game isn't even out, with such a small company he needs everyone focused on one thing. The fact that he diverted his attention away from Minecraft annoys me. He needs to set his priorities straight.

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
Scrolls (Mojang) looks pretty bad to be honest, I don't think it'll work out very well. They'd most likely be better of sticking with MineCraft.

As for Skyrim.. can't wait. Playing Oblivion, loved it, played it again, continued loving it, played it several more times and remained in love with the game, eventually decided to backtrack to Morrowind, which I loved even more. (CROSSBOWS <3)

It looks really, really good. That's not to say I like Bethesda at the moment, after their lawsuit against Mojang, but their games are good, and I'm expecting Skyrim to be brilliant.

Sleaker

Retired Staff
It looks really, really good. That's not to say I like Bethesda at the moment, after their lawsuit against Mojang, but their games are good, and I'm expecting Skyrim to be brilliant.

I honestly don't find Bethesda to be very innovative, or producing High Quality anymore. Morrowind was their golden game, then everything since then has been a rehash in different settings and with slightly altered leveling mechanics or theme. I've been thoroughly unimpressed since then, I enjoy playing their games, but I don't expect much from them as they have a tendency to focus on gameplay aspects that inderectly effect the game rather than building good gameplay mechanics (Advanced AI behaviour rather than actually having a decent RPG aspect).

In the end that means that you might have situations where you go, No F*kn Way did the npc just do that? or oooo this scene looks really good. But overall the actual mechanics of leveling/fighting/acquiring skills/gear have been severely lacking in every department. Morrowind was mediocre for complexity, and mostly because the enchanting/alchemy stuff was mostly learn as you go. But Bethesda keeps thinking simpler is better, where in a lot of cases that just isn't true. - You can still only swing a sword if you're a sword wielder, or only shoot a bow if you go into bows. While nearly every other RPG allows you to gain skills or mechanics to do additional things as you advance regardless of what you choose for vanquishing your enemies.

Derelict1

Wood
I have been waiting for this game for 5 years, I am very very veryyyyy excited.

Did you guys hear it got leaked for the 360? There is gameplay videos sprouting up everywhere and getting shut down an hour later by Zenimax, it's looking good in my opinion. Also werewolves are in!!! They said they weren't so it would surprise everyone but the leak gave it away, Hircine's ring is in game (the one that turns you into a werewolf in bloodmoon).

Monet

Iron

Did you guys hear it got leaked for the 360? There is gameplay videos sprouting up everywhere and getting shut down an hour later by Zenimax, it's looking good in my opinion. Also werewolves are in!!! They said they weren't so it would surprise everyone but the leak gave it away, Hircine's ring is in game (the one that turns you into a werewolf in bloodmoon).
Are you lieing to me? If you're i'm going to be REALLLY mad. and i'm going to track you down.

Jackrox256

Obsidian

Maybe you should make it a spoiler...I want surprises to be surprises when I play the game.