• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion The 12 Step Program to MORE WORLD PVP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joka10

Soulsand
From what i'm reading here, you and Dwarfers seem to be the only ones arguing a different point... Not sure whose ruining whose experience right now.

The majority of the people in this thread are PvP fanatics. People who aren't so fond of it see the title, see it's about PvP, and think "I've got no suggestion to make there... I don't like PvP." There are only a few of us who don't like the suggestions made that have actually looked in this thread. Thus there are only a few of us who are arguing against it.

This is a good point, though. I'm getting very little support, even though if many people saw what was going on here, I'd be getting a lot more. As Orange said, no one is really taking what I have said into account here. The logic of many people here seems to be "He has a different opinion. Tard.". I'm basically arguing with the Tree Creepers about whether or not PvP should rule the server. As I am the one opposing it, I don't really see what I can do to change anyone's mind. TC are completely about PvP. Admitting that letting it rule the server would be a bad thing would be like them denying their own existence. As I'm not going to accomplish anything but getting Tard ratings unless more people who have differing opinions about PvP enter the thread, I'll stop posting for now. I've wasted a good portion of my morning on this.

One last thing:

@Shizz: I appreciate that you've been a bit more constructive in your comments than your fellow guild members. However, your memories of Zeal differ a lot from those I've heard from others who played during it. People spent their time doing other things, I guess. No, I did not play Zeal. I joined a couple days after DG released. While Zeal was going on, I was working with a group of people on trying to save a large server that we administrated. It needed saving because we focused too much on one part of the game for too long. People got bored of it. We fought from June till January to save it, but we were unsuccessful. Stuff like that really does kill servers... We had some other bad luck, too, but we could've endured it if we hit the middle ground. And another note about Zeal: On many occasions (especially in the suggestions section of the forum), people have used the phrase "like it was in Zeal" when talking about something they wanted to be changed. Kainzo has responded to these all in basically the same way:

People who joined in Sanctum think it was the best. People who joined in Zeal think it was the best. They'll always like the way things were. However it is important to look to the future. Reliving the same thing gets old.

Not a direct quote, but pretty close. It's preferable to come up with new ideas than to revert to how things worked in the past. Some of the first cars were powered by steam. Less pollution, but today, would we ever go back to using those original cars? We might find a way to use steam power in a different way where we wouldn't lose anything we've gained, but now, we wouldn't sacrifice what we have in cars today by returning to old cars just to reduce pollution. As stuff advances, we lose some good stuff, but better things come in different forms. Everything new is somehow better than the last thing.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Herocraft is hardcore RPG - not hardcore PVP.
We wish to embrace the entire sphere of what you can do, not just one single instance of pvp.
I gladly embrace risk and challenge but not mindless anarchy.

---Edit
Let me expand on this some now I have a moment.
First and foremost - we want Herocraft to be a hardcore MMORPG. Not a hardcore Counterstrike / CoD / BF3 game. If we wanted to be completely pvp centric - we would remove all the building in game - setup arenas, make you respawn in an arena when you die and the PVP carnage would never stop. That is a very shallow basis for a game and has been done several times over.
There are servers who JUST have pvp and nothing else - why are they completely empty? (Because Minecraft PVP gets old with nothing else to do and there are other games who do it x100 better than a block based building game)

Herocraft in it's entirety focuses on challenging gameplay, this INCLUDES PVE & PVP and economical factors that make things difficult to obtain. Are we in a perfect state for all three? NOPE. Will we ever be? Probably not. It's the journey, NOT the destination.

The doom and gloom kiddies will always exist no matter what game you play, "This was better last map, this was better when I first saw it!" feelings will probably never leave you. It's just the way it goes. Left to my own design I would still probably be playing EverQuest - time's change though and even if I wanted to, emulating that game 100% like it was would still not feel the same (EQEMU server is a mirror and it still feels lifeless and plastic now).

Get over yourself and your selfish wants. Things won't be exactly how you want them anywhere in life. Do not bash or insult those who have different ideas than you, it only makes you look weak and discredits yourself.

Now to the issues or posters issues at hand. Should we have two different worlds? One for complete PVP and one for SMP? Maybe. I think Warshard is the PVP world to be honest. It's chaotic, there's little structure and the die hard pvp'ers joyland. Should it have been out a month or two ago? SURE. It was scheduled to be out in APRIL. Shit happens that I cannot control and I get spread too thin.

We are a community - I give most all of my free time to make this the best it can be, respect the people who do that.

Apherdite

Queen Bee
The issue, and great thing about possibly having two worlds, warshard and an SMP world is that it will be the same 7 people who are playing on it all the time. Yes, killing players and taking all of their things is surely enjoyable, but it's not the primary reason that people play minecraft. This server IS hardcore, and will always be hardcore... that doesn't mean open PvP everywhere.

If anyone can recall how PvP was on the server previously, where whole towns were no-pvp, and there still managed to be a PvP kingdom - MoB... who were mostly better pvpers than anyone I've seen in a very long time. So I don't see why it's so difficult, with even less protection than there was back then. We are not and never will be a pvp-centric server, we've never advertised as such and make it perfectly clear to everyone BEFORE they even apply that hardcore and PvP are different things.

Also, it is completely inappropriate to completely bash on someone for having a valid viewpoint that opposes yours. Completely inappropriate, and like Kainzo said doing this only makes you look weak and discredits your entire argument/suggestion.

I digress. If you're looking for a game that is purely PvP, minecraft is obviously not for you. I would suggest a FPS, for all of your hardcore player versus player gaming needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.