• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Texture Packs - What texture pack does HC use?

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
I liked Ova rustic but my graphics card couldn't run it for long periods[DOUBLEPOST=1346026251,1346026181][/DOUBLEPOST]A semi-official HC texture pack would be nice

OliverDollar

Legacy Supporter 3
I can never stop switching >.< but I like to use Summerfields, Sphax's PureBDcraft or just Default!

EDIT: or OCD Pack

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!
I've used GeruDoku, Dokucraft, Faithful Textures and Painterly before, I'm happy with the default one at the minute.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I use the oCd texture pack. It's clean, crisp, and I love it. :p It's great, even without having OCD haha.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I like Faithful 32x, but if I could handle Sphax 128x without a performance hit I'd go for it.

I honestly like default but i can't stand the glass texture its to obstructing, but texture packs like Just craft it have to little obstruction and its hard to tell if there is even glass there.[DOUBLEPOST=1346168956,1346168917][/DOUBLEPOST]
I use the oCd texture pack. It's clean, crisp, and I love it. :p It's great, even without having OCD haha.
Thank you for linking the texture :)

I liked Ova rustic but my graphics card couldn't run it for long periods[DOUBLEPOST=1346026251,1346026181][/DOUBLEPOST]A semi-official HC texture pack would be nice
I've tried Ova rustic its pretty nice not really my style, I totally agree a HC texture pack would be awesome i think they are working on one or plan to have one anyway.[DOUBLEPOST=1346169388][/DOUBLEPOST]
Flow's HD Texture Pack or Faithful 32x32.
Do you have a link for Flow's HD texture pack? I couldn't find an up to date version.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
If the thread on the minecraft forums is not updated then there is no updated version. He always takes a while after an update to update his pack. lol - Always 'busy'. :p I do hope he updates though. I've been using that pack for more than a year.

So i just tested Faithful 32x its basically Default smoothed out on a higher resolution.[DOUBLEPOST=1346170821,1346170784][/DOUBLEPOST]
If the thread on the minecraft forums is not updated then there is no updated version. He always takes a while after an update to update his pack. lol - Always 'busy'. :p I do hope he updates though. I've been using that pack for more than a year.
okay thanks for the post, it looks like a good pack i look forward to testing it out when it updates

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Many people have started a HC TexPack, but none of them ever pulled through. I've offered my help an all of them (I'm no graphic artists, but I can do basic things), and I'd extend a hand to any other upstarts, haha.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Many people have started a HC TexPack, but none of them ever pulled through. I've offered my help an all of them (I'm no graphic artists, but I can do basic things), and I'd extend a hand to any other upstarts, haha.
The issue is, it needs to re-updated every patch... so we need a player who has dedication and won't bolt, or at least can edit our old content and update it for the new one.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
Even tool retextures would be cool. A katana looking diamond sword for Ninja's and such. A nice broadsword for warriors, spears for Dragoon, etc.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I am starting to toy with the textures a bit. Here is the two blocks I have so far, dirt and stone brick;

dla1S.png

(I cut out the grass cause I botched it, and I need to redo the stone block)

I by no means am a graphics wizard, but I am fairly proud of these two blocks :D