• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Test] Fullheal and Layhands ^2

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Why ^2? Because I complained about the differences between the two on test before.

So, this time around Layhands' description adds a new limit: the distance is defined by your wisdom. Nothing else.
Cleric, on the other hand, had FullHeal nerfed further than it was to now only be 50% of health when used on oneself, along with it's cost and warmup.
Layhands? Still has a good chunk of cost, but is still instant and still has now-higher healing than FullHeal (went from 1/2 heart to 8)

If you read the thread linked above, it's going to sound awfully familiar from here on out, but that's the way the logic goes here.

FullHeal belongs to the healer of healer classes, and Layhands to a divine warrior.
Why does the class that isn't even a healer have the same skill, but faster and more effective?
Following the example sticky of "X class can do these things, faster and without any cooldown", Paladin can do this, faster, without any warmup, and heal more.
For this, my suggestion is simple: Don't make Fullheal half-full on self or also make Layhands half-full on self.
Thank you, and have a nice day.

dingytoothpaste

Glowing Redstone
Naomi I believe we were on the test server at the same time when you were testing this, as I was testing it as well! I completely and strongly agree with your comments.

As primarily a Cleric myself I don't appreciate the nerf on fullheal, not to mention the other reductions to nearly all healing spells. Having worked hard to achieve mastery fullheal felt like an appropriate skill to obtain, helping to get out of sticky situations and to greatly increase survivability however, with the nerf and in comparison to Layhands it doesn't seem quite as useful. In my opinion the best healer in the game i.e. Cleric, should have the best heal.

One other point to add would be - does Sacredhymn (cleric instant heal skill if you don't know), compensate?

I really appreciate the post and i'm glad someone's arguing this :)

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
sacred hymn has a 3 minute cooldown >>.

Overall, i dunno why healing is getting the nerfed so much on test, butt maybe there is something else in the pipeline (constitution reducing spell dmg, armor reducing melee dmg abilities) that would clarify the situation.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
The only reason I haven't removed layhands completely is because I know Kainzo would never let it fly.

The skill is very "hard-coded" as far as it's functionality goes. A skill named "Layhands" will always belong to the Paladin class. It will always heal for 100% of the target's HP, it will be instant cast, and it will have a long cooldown. This is the "lore" surrounding the skill, and will likely never be changed. The only reason it doesn't actually heal the Paladin for full HP is due to the self-heal nerf, and to be honest, I'm surprised Kainzo is fine with that, as it conflicts with the design (or so I believe to be the case).

Either way, it is what it is.

Cleric fullheal still heals for full HP to every target other than yourself, which is what the Cleric should be doing anyways. The Cleric should not be an unkillable god that cannot be focused or killed. It is a support class, and should spend it's time supporting. Naturally, you need to keep yourself up as well to continue to do so, but I do not believe that that should be as easy as it has in the past. Cleric has been the strongest class for the entire duration of bastion, and from what I have heard from veterans, even long before that.

Think of it this way--at least it works on yourself now. The original plan was to prevent self targetting for the skill.

Last edited: