• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Telekinesis to open doors in town regions

EnLight707

Legacy Supporter 2
Title sums it up. Group of friends and I made a town to save money from LWCs and live together, but it didn't matter anyway because a few known players used telekinesis to open our doors to simply walk in and loot our chests, even when we were right there inside of the region with them. kinda sucks to lose everything we've worked for since the restart, at least one of them is quitting already because all of his stuff was "stolen".

Last edited:

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
That's not a bug. You can place a block over your chests for added protection. The only 100% way of securing items is via LWC.

Avoir

Obsidian
That's not a bug. You can place a block over your chests for added protection. The only 100% way of securing items is via LWC.

No I'm pretty sure it's a bug it was fixed last map due to the fact that many players were complaining about it.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
yeah... Telekensis has caused a lot of issues on the back end and don't check for LWC.

We'll either remove it outright or have it work on only non-LWC's stuf...

LeoErebus

Coal
yeah... Telekensis has caused a lot of issues on the back end and don't check for LWC.

Can we make a PE if items are gone from a LWC? In case they were taken by someone using Telekensis?

Rhapsodist

Legacy Supporter 5

Well, for me it won't work on LWC doors. It only works on unlocked doors. It also won't work if the door is Redstone powered, like with a switch, button, or pressure plate. (As long as we can't reach those 3 switches). It won't even work on Iron doors at all.

Also, Telekinesis doesn't work on chests. Period. Only Doors, Trapdoors, Buttons, and Levers.

Here's how I see it. I think Telekinesis SHOULD wook on doors, in a region, as long as they are NOT LWC Locked. Why, You ask?
If not, what is the point of the skill? If we can only open it on doors that are not LWC OUTSIDE of a Region....why don't we just go open the door with our hands?

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
What? Since when did Telekinesis worked on LWC chests? And I was one of the raiders that had a party member with telekinesis that raided Enlight's town; all of the chests that we took items from were not LWC'd at all.

Not too sure about telekinesis working on LWC'd doors, but none of the doors that we used telekinesis on in Enlight's town were LWC'd either.

Both of these issues can be easily fixed by the player by putting dirt on top.

EnLight707

Legacy Supporter 2
What? Since when did Telekinesis worked on LWC chests? And I was one of the raiders that had a party member with telekinesis that raided Enlight's town; all of the chests that we took items from were not LWC'd at all.

Not too sure about telekinesis working on LWC'd doors, but none of the doors that we used telekinesis on in Enlight's town were LWC'd either.

Both of these issues can be easily fixed by the player by putting dirt on top.

Placing dirt on top of the chest is not a fix. Maybe a prevention to getting chests looted, but not a fix. For example, if certain regions have pvp on and players run inside for protection and close the door behind them, just to have it opened by telekinesis and get killed, that is not a fix.

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
Its sad to see a pretty much useless skill go the second it DID have a use. It never worked on lwc'd doors for me, and it never has worked on chests( nor should it)

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
Telekinesis doesn't work on chests or LWC'd doors. Like Dream said, the skill finally had a use. If people don't spend 2 seconds to put dirt behind their doors, then I should be able to get into their houses.

Rhapsodist

Legacy Supporter 5
Here are the facts.
The skill worked with exactly as it was meant to.
It could open doors and trapdoor that were NOT LWC.
It could not open chests.
If you put a block above your chest, in a protected region, they can not break the block to get to the chest.

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
Not to mention you dont even have to cover your doors with dirt, puting 2 doors unlocked forma an airlock telekinesis couldnt open because you couldn't hit the second with telekinesis

Never worked on lwcs for me.

Avoir

Obsidian
Not to mention you dont even have to cover your doors with dirt, puting 2 doors unlocked forma an airlock telekinesis couldnt open because you couldn't hit the second with telekinesis

Never worked on lwcs for me.

It never has worked on lwcs it only works on idiots who don't cover their chest with dirt, the skill shouldn't be removed because of a few players who do not think.

xcerebus

Stone
Personally, I wish telekinesis would be added back in (I noticed it was crossed out on the Wiki). I love playing a Wizard BECAUSE of spells like telekinesis. I love that the Wizard is a 'Swiss Army Knife' of magical abilities that I can use for a variety of situations, not all combat-related. It makes me think creatively, and I really miss the telekinesis spell being in there. I'm now looking at other caster classes, but none are as dynamic and versatile as a Wizard. (in other words, "Please add it back in!!!")

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Personally, I wish telekinesis would be added back in (I noticed it was crossed out on the Wiki). I love playing a Wizard BECAUSE of spells like telekinesis. I love that the Wizard is a 'Swiss Army Knife' of magical abilities that I can use for a variety of situations, not all combat-related. It makes me think creatively, and I really miss the telekinesis spell being in there. I'm now looking at other caster classes, but none are as dynamic and versatile as a Wizard. (in other words, "Please add it back in!!!")
I think the problem was it worked in towns and on LWC'd doors.

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
I think the problem was it worked in towns and on LWC'd doors.
It did not work on LWC doors, and it is supposed to work on towns. I still don't understand why it is removed, because if people can't do the stupidly simple task of putting a block of dirt behind their door they deserve to be broken in to.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
It did not work on LWC doors, and it is supposed to work on towns. I still don't understand why it is removed, because if people can't do the stupidly simple task of putting a block of dirt behind their door they deserve to be broken in to.
It worked on towns when it wasn't supposed to.
With the usage patch it should just be put back.

JacobBurkey

Portal
It worked on towns when it wasn't supposed to.
With the usage patch it should just be put back.
What do you mean when it wasn't supposed to? It didn't open LWC doors, so I don't see how opening an un-LWC'd door is "working on towns when it wasn't supposed to"