• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Team Based Quests

Would team based quests be a good addition to Herocraft?

• Yea! I like the sound of it.

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Meh, Mob arena/single quests and the Dungeons are enough for me. But maybe.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Nope, how dare you post such an inferior Suggestion! *Twitches Mustache*

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Diamond_Map

Banned
Hey there!

I was thinking about how cool it is to have a quest system IN Minecraft and thought, team based objectives through quest-givers would be no less than amazing.

Hear me out on this;

1.) You and four of your closest buddies team up
2.) You give some command or go to some area that TP's you and your crew to a Tower, similar to a mob arena.
3.) You and your team must go stage by stage (Floor by floor) up this tower to the top to rescue a placed NPC who gives some line like "Thank you for saving me from those nasty Blazes, they almost had me! *Gives 500xp*"

--To achieve the next stage, you must stay (X) amount of mobs
--For a tricky aspect on some stages, you could force the minecrafters to have to build a bridge to get across a certain area without, say, falling into lava? "But that is wayyy too easy" Well, that is why you would only have 1 block each. Parkour?
--Some stages could have timers on them to release water/lava/more mobs?

Personally I see this and think "That will take a while to get up and running, even if we wanted to do it." But if we DID do something like this, it could be placed on the playerbase to design the towers, challenges within, maybe even coding? And for some of us, that is the fun of minecraft; simply designing.

Team quest hype!
Not only would this encourage minecrafters to work hard on these new Mine-Quests but give a player more incentive to find what classes work best with his/her class. This also forces players to communicate and form a strategy in a time of much pressure.

Imagine lava falling from the roof, mobs coming out of hidden piston doors and water slowly filling the room while you and your team have mere seconds to jump over a massive void in the stage by carefully placing your few obsidian blocks (to which cannot be broken or re-placed) to find you still have 8 zombies left to behead before you can graduate to the next stage. Rawr.

Other Team Based Quest Ideas:

Parkour; You and your team of 5 must make it to the designated area before the clock runs out!

Bandit Quests; Kill off one of each Class (any warrior spec, any mage spec, any rogue spec, any healer spec) and return to the bandit leader!

-- Those pesky testificates aren't paying due protection fee of 5 Emeralds. Go kill 10 testificates and return to me!

Also, general shared quest XP sounds nice, doing the same objective and splitting the xp with a partner- that sorta thing.

Well, that is the extent of my brain-power for the day.
Please leave a comment and vote I really want to know what you guys think about all of this!

- Diamond_Map

OrangeAngel

Legacy Supporter 2
Not currently possible to track if you kill a mob or a way to currently check if you are in a Party with our quest plugin.
I love the idea however.