• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion TD shops and rent

Parsalin

Iron
First off let me clearly say, "It is in fact my fault this happened I am not asking for anyone to fix it or for it to be any less my fault."

I would like to suggest changing the rent structure of the shops so that they act like the bill board signs. Specifically they will automatically take rent each week and and you wont have someone buy your shop out from under you.

I can only see one valid argument against this "But what if people leave and don't turn it off." So? The stated goal of the trade district is to promote buying and selling. Those who put int he effort to build a nice productive shop shouldn't have a chance of it being bought out form under them and If their shop is selling items enough to pay the rent then players are gaining from it being there.

We all ready police the shops for empty and abusive shops so why not have rent auto up. It doesn't make sense to allow people to buy the shop out form under other people. It will only breed confusion when peoples shops move and cause frustration in those who are genuinely trying to run a shop.

My Solaris shop has been a #1 provider of enchanted tools and armor and now because of my own fault not to look at the sign often it's gone. I will rebuild my shop but its a poor design one i seriously considered leaving the server over. Any who just a suggestion.

further discussion has show the options are rent and let, if shops could be set to let rather then rent. and let the policing decide when somone is not using it properly.

Last edited:
I must say I disagree with this. The Trade District really shouldn't be based off of... whoever got the best positioned shops at the beginning will keep them for the rest of the map. Also keeping it the way it is now, ensures that people who have abandoned or neglected their shops wouldn't keep it for weeks on end JUST because they have money, thus making room for new people to start up a shop.

I must say if you are confident in your shop you should ALWAYS have more than 10+ days on your timer at any given time. I don't understand the people who lose their shops by accident. If you have a thriving shop like you, then you should invest hundreds of souls ever so often to make sure that you have a grasp on it for the amount of time you would want to keep it up for.

Sorry about you losing your shop.
BTW... You AREN'T the #1 provider of enchanted tools, and you're stuff is overpriced by dozens of souls. Also... I was eyeing your shop but it expired at 3AM in the morning so I was like naw sleep too important so gg @fieryabyss op af.
#TDDrama #getgud #struggles #iwantedtheshop #overpricedtools #youareasnake #3AMexpiry #schoolsux

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
I think that shops should be managed by either sales or by time. They should make at least a few sales every day or so else it is truly wasted space. That or the rent times should be increased but after that, the player be rejected from that slot for some time (Not sure if this is how it works or if the time on the shop signs is just a way to show the length of time that their' monies will buy them for), maybe a few days or so. This will drum up some excitement for the shop slots and for competition for sales (more than there is now at least).
The first idea may be flawed due to the fact that people can boycott the store but I believe that will force people to lower their' prices or get out of the competitive market.

Parsalin

Iron
I must say I disagree with this. The Trade District really shouldn't be based off of... whoever got the best positioned shops at the beginning will keep them for the rest of the map. Also keeping it the way it is now, ensures that people who have abandoned or neglected their shops wouldn't keep it for weeks on end JUST because they have money, thus making room for new people to start up a shop.

I must say if you are confident in your shop you should ALWAYS have more than 10+ days on your timer at any given time. I don't understand the people who lose their shops by accident. If you have a thriving shop like you, then you should invest hundreds of souls ever so often to make sure that you have a grasp on it for the amount of time you would want to keep it up for.

Sorry about you losing your shop.
BTW... You AREN'T the #1 provider of enchanted tools, and you're stuff is overpriced by dozens of souls. Also... I was eyeing your shop but it expired at 3AM in the morning so I was like naw sleep too important so gg @fieryabyss op af.
#TDDrama #getgud #struggles #iwantedtheshop #overpricedtools #youareasnake #3AMexpiry #schoolsux

thats pretty much the responce i expected, indeed my own fault and i had it paid up a month a month ago i just didnt realizeit was going down now. thats on me as for my prices my stuff sold out regularly just not so regularly that i was always out of stock. you could rely on me having what was posted almost always. id fill it back up when i got down to about 3 so prices were right where they should be. in any casei still disagree if a shop is out of stock on all items and the guys just gone admins can deal with that having it be like it is is just bad for business it wont happen to me again but it will happen again and again and im certain we will lose porducer to the market from it

btw all chest shop signs are forfiet if you lose your shop this way epic levels of suck.

Parsalin

Iron
I think that shops should be managed by either sales or by time. They should make at least a few sales every day or so else it is truly wasted space. That or the rent times should be increased but after that, the player be rejected from that slot for some time (Not sure if this is how it works or if the time on the shop signs is just a way to show the length of time that their' monies will buy them for), maybe a few days or so. This will drum up some excitement for the shop slots and for competition for sales (more than there is now at least).
The first idea may be flawed due to the fact that people can boycott the store but I believe that will force people to lower their' prices or get out of the competitive market.

lower prices dont mean a better market, lower prices just means x guy gets x item faster. but all items have to be made by somone and if youve never been an enchanter you dont realize how absolutly crappy the prof is. ive had every person in my crew be an enchanter and it always make them leave the server. every single one of them about 8 people so far.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
First off let me clearly say, "It is in fact my fault this happened I am not asking for anyone to fix it or for it to be any less my fault."
So this

Having it take directly from your balance would cause more work for staff and promote inactivity in the TD. The whole "activity" part of the trade district does include checking on your sign once a few days at the minimum. Last I checked you can even add money before it expires to increase the time.

I will rebuild my shop but its a poor design one i seriously considered leaving the server over
-----------------------------------------------
ive had every person in my crew be an enchanter and it always make them leave the server. every single one of them about 8 people so far.
You are free to leave just as you are free to play, but calling "bad mechanics" because you didn't look after your stuff is pretty frivolous.