• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Tacos

RandomAcronym

Legacy Supporter 6
Taco.png

R.I.P Tacos,you will be missed.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
@RandomAcronym , How could ye be so foolish? It is quite obvious that the Creeper has a smiling face, thus meaning that it is friendly, protecting the tacos.

Anyway, my school is lame. And I mean really lame. They had tacos for the "lunch special" today.Ensuring that there won't be tacos tomorrow.

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
What are the odds? What are the Fucking odds? My school served tacos today! Hell fucking yeah - they were amazing. Pics coming soon

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
In honor of Taco day, here's a look into a family recipe of mine for what I'll be making tonight!

Steak Fajitas:
requires-
1 Rib eye steak
1 red pepper (sliced)
Cheddar and Monterrey Jack cheese blend
Onion (chopped)
Tortillas (white or wheat, doesn't matter)
Salsa (Any level you want, but spicy is always best)

For Marinating:
Lime Juice
Garlic Powder
Creole seasoning
crushed/ground black pepper

1: Ensure that the steak is thawed. Using a bag or a high-walled pan or whatever you would normally use, marinate in lime juice (ensure it's covered, but not submerged), and add in the garlic powder, black pepper, and creole seasoning for one hour.

2: while marinating, I suggest you chop up the onion, slice the red pepper, and shred your cheese. It saves time later. I suggest slicing the red pepper into long strips for ease of us, and making sure the onions are more finally chopped.

3: Once marination is complete, toss the steak on the grill. Pay close attention to it, as the lime juice has softened it up significantly and you don't want it melting off/getting stuck. Meanwhile, place the red pepper in tinfoil, season it the same (you can leave out the creole if you'd like), and place it on the grill as well to soften them up. Another option is to saute them and the onions in a skillet. I suggest cooking the steak to medium rare for easy eating, but if you -really- like your steaks done medium to well, then go for it. Once the steak is medium rare and the red pepper slices are soft, take them off and set them aside. Slice up the steak into small strips.

4 (optional!): Frying the tortilla is not required, and if you prefer it plain just skip this. In a skillet, heat vegetable oil (Canola works, I prefer sunflower) on a medium setting on your stovetop/hot plate. Once it's hot, place a tortilla shell in it. if it's at full temp, you can flip it after 30 or so seconds, and after 30 seconds of that, take it out. Repeat this for as many as you plan to eat. Frying the tortilla is not required, and if you prefer it plain just skip this.

5: Add shredded cheese (as necessary) to the tortilla shell, and place it in the microwave for about 25 seconds, or until the cheese is melted. Then, add the steak, onions, red peppers, salsa, and whatever else you like (Lettuce, Tomato, beans) to the fajita. Fold the bottom in slightly, then fold the slides in for a nicely wrapped shell, so it doesn't all fall out the back. Repeat as necessary for however many fajitas you want.

6: Eat those sons of bitches! If you have the spicy version, maybe drink milk with it. If you something more authentic, try drinking Corona with lime instead. Enjoy!

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
One good thing about Texas- we know how to do Mexican food. Fresh tortillas and salsa and ohohoman.
My personal favorite sort of taco would be the buffalo tacos we do every so often. We never seem to use lime, though. I imagine lime would improve 'em greatly.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
Yeah, Lime does wonders for it- softens up the meat and adds a nice bit of flavor! And now I want taco salad...

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
Ate tacos last night- beef tacos seasoned with garlic salt and lemon pepper, with salsa added in while the beef was cooking, to add a fair little bit of spice into it!