• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Switching to a mastered class

NeoGriim

Legacy Supporter 3
I believe that switching to a master class should cost less money. It's pretty grueling work to level to 50 and become a master in your class and staying that class doesn't do much for you in means of heroes content. I'd like to be able to go to a PvP class, master it and be able to switch back and forth between Mason and Ranger or whatever I pick for a little bit less than 250c each time.

Even if you're not positive if you want to do this, you could always make it cheaper for donors to try it out so it won't hurt the gameplay too much.

Reasons why this is a good idea:
1) Better crafter structures- I went crafter at first due to the fact I wanted to come on the server and build a town, whether I was helping or whatnot. Crafter was an easy choice due to the fact I didn't know how the PvP on the server was at the time. Now, the server pvp is crazy, I can't protect my town from raiders or anything because I'm simply not equipped to kill anyone who's been able to spec which means 1 person with an iron sword can come in and basically take what they want. There's no security! Now, if I were able to go to a PvP class and level that up to master, I'd be able to go ahead and switch from Mason to (insert PvP class here) with a minimal cost and still be able to switch back and build my mason structures. A second part to this, if of course I chose the obvious choice of moving my location to far far away on the outskirts of the map, is that I'd be able to utilize mason and engineer stuff together without having to worry too much about totally emptying 750c from switching back and forth, plus, if I make a mistake, that's easily 1000c I'm throwing away just to make something cool... Seems kind of lame.

2) More protection for other crafters - Obviously PvPers don't generally sympathize with us crafters. We have little defense (especially if we are face to face with a predator) compared to any PvP class, however someone like myself who has leveled through mason and been on the defense from several waves of invasions (had a kill streak of 20+ at one point) knows that crafters have it hard when it comes to invaders. Being able to switch classes back and forth will lower the amount of bitching received by crafters because there may be some PvP crafters able to defend them in times of need. I myself would offer PvP protection to crafters at a discount if needed.

3) Because Kainzo is awesome - I know, this one just seems like sucking up, however Kainzo is awesome and we all know he wants whats best for the server, I'm not asking for an overall reduction that just seems silly, and I'm not asking for class switching to be free to go to mastered specced classes, all I'm asking is a heavy discount, perhaps slash the price in half, so that people are able to switch to what they need at the time because trust me, I believe that after hitting 50 in whatever spec they are, crafters especially are going to re spec to a PvP class and never go back to crafter again, making crafters a short supply on the server.

Thank you for your consideration, and I'm sorry it's so long, however I wanted to indicate how I feel about the issue and make it clear that I've thought out why this is a good idea and not a bad one. 250c for a class switch to another mastered class is just crazy. >.>

Syphith

Gold
I personally completely agree with you. I think one of the benefits of leveling a character to 50 should be easier access to it. I don't think it should be free as people shouldn't be able to abuse it, but something lower possibly between 50 and 100 coins would be enough to keep people from swapping back and forth on a whim. Though it'll still reward those who go through the trouble of leveling at least two specializations to 50. Something I personally plan to do after finishing Smith, possibly even at least one specialization per each of the 5 main classes eventually. That was my original plan anyway. The idea of having to pay so much to get use out of that really is making me question whether or not it's worth bothering with, but it's still a personal goal of mine.

NeoGriim

Legacy Supporter 3
All I know is that I want to be able to craft stuff in peace in my town when they're up and be able to switch out and defend when enemies are upon us...

perhaps only letting us pick 2-3 classes to switch between at the discount? Just another idea to prop up in here.

RightLegRed

Stone
If I code this - it'll be a cooldown time before you can switch again. Otherwise those with improved chat would be able to exploit the skill system during a fight with macros.

R3xz

Glowstone
If I code this - it'll be a cooldown time before you can switch again. Otherwise those with improved chat would be able to exploit the skill system during a fight with macros.

This is what I was thinking, make it so that you have to wait a number of time before you can switch from your mastered class to another mastered class or new class. This is to prevent people from just switching on the spot and switching frequently whenever they feel like it.

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
If switching classes was free or at least more affordable, I doubt many players would have complains about a 6-12 hour cool down. It's better than what we had and it allows for players to develop past one lvl 50 skill.

Syphith

Gold
A cooldown would definitely be the right way to go with it. Then there would be absolutely no way to abuse it no matter what the price.

Possut

Wood
I totally agree with the basic point that you should be able to switch.

I'd say as AlexDaParrot says: have a 6-12 hours cooldown and a bigger first purchase price (500-1000c?) and each switch is free (Yes, I do think WoW in this matter).

Possut

Wood
I don't want you to be able to switch on the fly as in WoW, but to be able to buy it and the switch for free each time.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I don't want you to be able to switch on the fly as in WoW, but to be able to buy it and the switch for free each time.
"Free" switching - wont happen, maybe from PATH -> SPEC, but definitely not from PATH -> PATH or SPEC -> SPEC. By design this is flawed.

Why?
  1. Combat switching
  2. Self-reliability - this is SMP, you must lean on your brethren and not be 100% self-sustainable.
  3. Economic factors

NeoGriim

Legacy Supporter 3
Yeah it makes sense to put a cooldown on switching. Perhaps 6 hours wouldn't be a bad one. And of course free switching should be out, I've thought of the economic factors and combat switching issues which is why I'm only asking for this to be implemented for switching from one master class to another and I'm asking for a reduced price. I think that these conditions are pretty fair and should make both the server happy and not bother the staff too much if at all.

NeoGriim

Legacy Supporter 3
I agree, free switching would break the server economy and make it too easy to macro your switch and switch before running into battle quickly, or even during. I'm talking about just halfing the price for switching if you're switching to a spec that you've mastered, not base class, that'd make crafters defending themselves far too easy where they can just see someone's attacking their town, switch over to rogue and at least have an iron sword to defend themselves with.

No, of course not free switching but adding a little benefit for putting in so much time other than a skill that we won't use because we're off to the next class to master seems like a fair deal, right?

What about a 250c price for the first switch, as it already is, and then a cooldown of 6 hours as stated above. But right at that cooldown, the price to switch rises to insane amounts, around 1,000 maybe? And then it slowly trickles back down into the 250c over the next 1,000 hours. This could help prevent combat switching as I doubt many people have the 1,000c or whatever the number could be, and would be willing to use it in the heat of a fight only to switch back again when its done.

Of course, a cheaper starting price would be nice too, I agree that lowering it a bit would help ease the problems that people face when deciding to try and master another class.