• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

SwannkyTaco Guide Application

SwannkyTaco

Legacy Supporter 8
Minecraft IGN: SwannkyTaco
Position applying for: Guide
Age|Timezone: 16/GMT+8 (Western Australia)

How long have you been on Herocraft?: Only a couple weeks, however to me it feels like a much longer time. I've been playing practically all day every day, and have been taught by the best.

Why do you think you would make a good guide?: I constantly am witness to new players logging onto the server for the first time. These new players are not only burdened with the task of learning the complex and foreign hero system, but must learn how to survive in the harsh herocraft environment. I have seen many of these players confused, and thus ask a variety of questions, to which many people are too busy playing herocraft to answer them, and that's where I come in. I was once a new player, much like them, and understand the complexity of a new minecraft mechanic such as heroes. So I answer as many questions I can as possible in tour chat and really give these players the start they deserve.
While the position of guide heavily focuses on 'guiding' new players, it also has the burden of answering questions that more experienced players do not know. I am able to answer these questions, and go into detail on the vast majority of topics that come up. I have donated and have guided people through that process, and have explored the forums innermost depths. I believe I have a vast knowledge that I would like to be able to put to use.
If you have any doubts on my knowledge, I would be happy to take any tests required prior to becoming a guide, through means of teamspeak (so you know I'm not cheating =P) or in-game. Anywhere, really.

Additional info you would like to tell us?: I am currently in my final year of schooling in Australia (this time next year I will be finished and move into university) , and have a part-time job. This job involves service in the public eye and constantly interacting with people, in many cases - troublesome people. I have had previous experiences on minecraft servers, being staff, to which I was dedicated to bettering that server through my actions and the influences I had on others. I believe that a guide should be willing and able to help at all times and should mainly guide the backbone of herocraft - the new players, through their harsh first few days, and answer any and all questions that they or anyone else have. I believe I would be well suited for the guide position, and my prime time for playing is during a time where new players have nobody to talk to, with only a fraction of the server population playing.
Thankyou for your consideration. I intend to be active for the foreseeable future and if you have any questions, ask away!

Last edited:

SwannkyTaco

Legacy Supporter 8
UPDATE 23/12/2013: I'm still interested in being a guide, and especially have been keeping up with the release of the shrine map and the new update.