• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion SuperBlink

DaShniper

Legacy Supporter 6
I was thinking that to spice up Herocraft raiding a little, we could add a skill called SuperBlink to wizards. Call me biased and attempting to make my class better, but I think that raiding on DG compared to Zeal is much less interesting, and common. A smart wizard would SuperBlink, and gtele his friends in to the town. SuperBlink would be able to go through 1 block walls, but it would have an insanely long CD, like 15mins, as well as some reagent that is worth a little.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Phase sounds like a good name for a skill like this. 15 minute cd sounds like overkill. Maybe 2-5?

I kind of want go whole-hog on this idea and make the blink distance dependent on the materials you travel past. Say it would move you up to 8 blocks through glass or air, up to 4 through standard materials like stone, wood, and dirt, and things like obsidian or endstone block your travel entirely. So a person could opt for either thick walls or expensive walls to keep Wizards out (or just having the place be so thin that they phase right through to the other side, I would lol).
This could also make for some sneaky traps on the defender's part. A well-placed piece of obby, a long drop...
I just love the teleport skills. Haste the day when I can poof around and kill folks without walking, like those wizard enemies from Zelda games.

Weirdo that I am, I'm going to start sorting blocks by their phase-resistance. This is in no way to be taken seriously.
Little Resistance (up to 8 of same type)
Air
Glass
Glass Pane
Iron Bar
Leaves
Chests
Fire Blocks
Cactus
Ice
TNT
Lever
Button
Pressure Plates
Rails
Wooden Door
Torches
Brewing Stand
Wheat
Sign
Ladder
Vines
Webs
Plants, Wheat, etc
Weak Resistance (up to 6 of same type)
Dirt
Grass
Mycelium
Snow-Dirt
Snow Block
Wool
Melon
Pumpkin
Jack-O-Lantern
Huge Mushroom
Sand
Gravel
Wood Planks
Silverfish Blocks
Bookshelves
Workbench
Redstone Dust
Redstone Repeaters
Clay
Water
Some Resistance (up to 4 of the same type)
Stone
Ores
Cobblestone/Mossy
Stone Bricks/Mossy/Cracked/Circle
Sandstone/Smooth
Furnaces
Dispensers
Logs
Iron Door
Nether Fence
Redstone Torches
Pistons/Sticky
Soul Sand
Netherrack
Glowstone Lamp
Glowstone
Lapis Blocks
Good Resistance (up to 2 of the same type)
Iron Blocks
Gold Blocks
Diamond Blocks
Nether Brick
Heiroglyph Sandstone
Bricks
Cake(???)
High Resistance (cancels movement immediately)
Obsidian
Bedrock
End Stone
Enchantment Table
Portal Block
End Portal Frame
End Portal Block

...yup, I'm bored.

JZillifro

Soulsand
I agree with this suggestion, but aren't wizards getting explosive fireball as their 60 skill?

Joka10

Soulsand
...despite the potential dangers for myself and friends from having this skill, it actually sounds like a good idea. If you have a wall, you're pretty safe. All you need is cobble. This could change that...

Popeyepoop1

Legacy Supporter 7
The only thing I disagree with is making certain blocks not penetrable. Every town would just start making their towns out of obsidian, making most town walls ugly.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
The only thing I disagree with is making certain blocks not penetrable. Every town would just start making their towns out of obsidian, making most town walls ugly.

You can make the obsidian in the inside, wouldn't ruin design.

agentjwall

Godly
Love the idea! Although it sounds more like a Ninja ability IMO. They're the kind of sneaky get-into-places-where-they-shouldn't-be class.

As for discriminating what blocks can be blinked through, that would be a coding nightmare so don't expect that...

Glent

Glowing Redstone
If anything, archmage should get this kind of "Ethereal Blink" ability, not wizards.

DaShniper

Legacy Supporter 6
Cuz there are gonna be sooooo many archmages. I find that this does apply to wizard best, because they are the ones that have always gotten in to places, and they have groupteleport, so used well, this skill can be deadly.

ShizzDawgg

Godly
I was thinking that to spice up Herocraft raiding a little, we could add a skill called SuperBlink to wizards. Call me biased and attempting to make my class better, but I think that raiding on DG compared to Zeal is much less interesting, and common. A smart wizard would SuperBlink, and gtele his friends in to the town. SuperBlink would be able to go through 1 block walls, but it would have an insanely long CD, like 15mins, as well as some reagent that is worth a little.
I honestly think this is a terrible idea. Not only are you making wizards EXTREMELY mobile which was not their intention (unlike dragoons, which are meant to be extremely mobile), but the TNT plugin is supposed to be coming out soon, essentially allowing people to enter a town via a TNT explosion. I could never see this being implemented.

eagles90809

Legacy Supporter 4
I like this idea but ATM wizards don't need any buffing at all, maybe this or some modification of it should go to an underpowered class like Beguiler

DaShniper

Legacy Supporter 6
I like this idea but ATM wizards don't need any buffing at all, maybe this or some modification of it should go to an underpowered class like Beguiler
I agree, but I thought that this would apply well to the wizard class, based on the skill, maybe if Beguilers could port only 1 person to them, then it could be a wizzy, and gtele ensues.

eagles90809

Legacy Supporter 4
I agree, but I thought that this would apply well to the wizard class, based on the skill, maybe if Beguilers could port only 1 person to them, then it could be a wizzy, and gtele ensues.
Definitely would fit wizards because of what wizards do. But if the skill would be renamed it might fit beguilers a bit more. Let's hear some skill name suggestions :D

draconis99

Holy
Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
I actually think the phasing through walls skill should go to a beguiler instead

Galaxial

Legacy Supporter 4
I think Beguiler only, as a Wizard I'd say this skill + groupteleport would be a bit over powered in terms of it's capabilities. Single person super blinks would be cool, and may act as an incentive to become a Beguiler, I don't see many of them around these days.

DaShniper

Legacy Supporter 6
I agree once again, and it is too true that there aren't enough Beguilers, but I think that through some hard way, they could get ONE wizard in, so he could gtele. This is all in hopes of making this "hardcore," and troubling towns, the way it used to be, since I think blink could go through 1 block, but I'm not sure in any way.