• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Super Jump needs a warm-up

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
Dragoons have mobility to reach the battle first, not so they have the ability to escape, but that seems to be all SuperJump is being used for.

I think a short warm-up for it, no more then a few seconds, would be perfect. It would limit the Dragoons ability to flee on the spot to areas they cannot be followed to, which is currently an issue.

Opinions?

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
This isn't necessary considering the huge stamina strain of super jump itself. If this is implemented, would you consider limiting the stamina cost of Dragoon's SuperJump?

EnLight707

Legacy Supporter 2
Yeah, dragoon's super jump takes about 3/4's of its stamina, which leaves them with barely enough to sprint if they use it from full stam. I dont think it really needs to be nerfed because all dragoon has is basically mobility. I believe the other skills need to be balanced more; dragoon simply cant keep up with other warrior specs unless they really mess up. With spear, it just leaves the target running in the opposite direction, and impale doesn't knockup like it says it does, but only slows for a very short duration, not to mention the low damage they put out and high stamina they cost to use. I think it would be fair that if super jump was nerfed, that the other skills are buffed/fixed.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
As it stands there is no reason to ever be a dragoon over any other warrior spec other than the ability to not die. Take that away and watch the class fall even further than it already has.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
The thing is, thats the wrong reason the class should be chosen. Other things need to be adjusted along with this update to make it more effective and not completely useless.

c12095

Holy Shit!
The thing is, thats the wrong reason the class should be chosen. Other things need to be adjusted along with this update to make it more effective and not completely useless.

I agree, saddly that requires new skills. Given their current build it's not possible to give them the damage they need while balancing their mobility and CC.

Xilox

Iron
As a Dragoon, leave it as it is. If you want to kill a fleeing Dragoon and he escapes, its not the Dragoons fault of having the one skill that makes Dragoons at least worth choosing. Without the Super Jump the class will be horrible and just anyone can kill the Dragoon.

Anyways if there is a amount of lag Super Jump is Cast but no Action, that makes Dragoon a mistake making class.:(

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
As a Dragoon, leave it as it is. If you want to kill a fleeing Dragoon and he escapes, its not the Dragoons fault of having the one skill that makes Dragoons at least worth choosing. Without the Super Jump the class will be horrible and just anyone can kill the Dragoon.

Anyways if there is a amount of lag Super Jump is Cast but no Action, that makes Dragoon a mistake making class.:(
I disagree - Superjump isn't the bread and butter for a dragoon. "Jump" is.

BigguthDickuth

Soulsand
I'd have to say no, the only reason to go dragoon is due to their mobility, they do 60 damage with a dia shovel at 60, and the max damage they can put out with any skill is like 100, right? If you're going to derp with them, I wouldn't be taking away their mobility which their class is based on. It would probably ruin the class as it is.

Xilox

Iron
I disagree - Superjump isn't the bread and butter for a dragoon. "Jump" is.
Then why are they discussing about Super Jump, Jump is used the same way. Both are the bread & butter, cause it is only used to escape. Dragoon isn't very good as PVP wise, at least the Impale skill should throw them in the air. *What I expected* But will not change from Dragoon, I love the SkyKnight ring to it.[DOUBLEPOST=1359146374,1359146246][/DOUBLEPOST]*Give them a skill that send both jumping*

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Epic and hard to code:

Skill that does damage and knocks a player up into the air 3-5 blocks, spawning a cobweb under their feet for 3 seconds, keeping them in the air. Then the dragoon charges to the target within 4 blocks, and proceeds to smash their face in for the remainder of the 3 seconds using melee swings, until the "Mid air slowmotion lance attack" is done, cobweb despawns, and both fall, taking fall damage. Dragoon has to use jump or another safe-fall skill to not take minor fall damage. Replaces Impale.

Also, on topic, I have heard rumors that certain dragoons who used to be at the top of the K/D ratio rankings were those who would superjump every time they almost died, and never die.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6

Uhm, Superjump is a rather new skill when it comes to Heroes. Yet before mid-DG and Superjump, Dragoon has always been one of the most used classes on HC without having superjump. Jump is the true ''bread and butter'' as Kainzo explained.

Also, it's pretty ridicolous that when i'm fighting a Dragoon and I actually do well against him once, he just superjumps and then jumps and has easily gotten away with 2-3 hearts. Dragoon is the perfect class if you never wanna die basically.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I wouldn't really say it needs a warm-up. At least, not with the current state of the skill. Yes, it's very easy for a dragoon to escape with SuperJump, but honestly, it's already a major risk to use the ability.

For some reason, mobility skills like Jump, SuperJump, and Backflip, are affected by lag spikes.

And the Herocraft server is a very fickle one. Sometimes it will run perfectly for a week, and other times you will have lag spikes that occur every 5 seconds. When a Dragoon uses SuperJump and a lag spike occurs, he is now 100% guaranteed dead. I've had this happen to me at least 5 times already and I've only been Dragoon for around a week.

In my opinion, if there is any sort of nerf or rebalancing to the Herocraft mobility skills, they should first have their dependency on no lag sorted out.

Nightroado

Obsidian
Delfofthebla is right about the lag affecting jump. I've used that skill so many times just have no message or jump occur. Then several seconds later, the message pops up saying I used jump but nothing happens. And of course the cooldown make you wait even longer.

The whole reason I went Dragoon was so I could get around easier and get away when I didn't want to fight (which is always). Turns out it is also handy when building large structures as it cuts down on time spent getting around.

After that I went wizard so I could do pulse with looting swords as a farmer and ports so I could transport people/goods around safely. If wizard lost ports, I would go back to dragoon. If dragoon lost jumps, I would go paladin so I could stay alive.

Basically I just want to stay alive and not occur item loss. I learned just how many enemies one can make pvping like crazy from a different server and don't really wish to repeat it.

Xilox

Iron
20 of my deaths are cause when using Super Jump or Jump skills in a lag spike, the player basically is immobilized by using the skill or disconnects from the server. But I believe the lag spike effect other Hero Classes, in such Dragoon's Super Jump or Jump doesn't need removed nor changed. I believe in time the skill will be better as it is now.

Heres the wiki of the true meaning of a Dragoon.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragoon
NOTE:Its a mobile fighter.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
20 of my deaths are cause when using Super Jump or Jump skills in a lag spike, the player basically is immobilized by using the skill or disconnects from the server. But I believe the lag spike effect other Hero Classes, in such Dragoon's Super Jump or Jump doesn't need removed nor changed. I believe in time the skill will be better as it is now.

Heres the wiki of the true meaning of a Dragoon.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragoon
NOTE:Its a mobile fighter.
The HC dragoons are based on Final Fantasy I believe. IRL dragoons were mounted infantery.