• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion SummonArrow Utility Buff

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Lazy? Read the bold!

The intent of this thread: To get Arrows Summoned go to the inventory rather than (depending on lag) 1-3 blocks ahead of you.

SummonArrow: Costs "8" (4 bars) Stamina, 10ish second cooldown, gives 3 arrows.

The above skill has no use in Combat scenarios, which is fine, Rangers should go into a fight prepared. It gives 3 arrows for 1/3 of your stamina, stamina that you need for SkillArrows and also to maintain sprint as the only way of remaining mobile for the Ranger.

This makes the skill largely used for utility, which is why I think this change would not be a large one.
It is used while leveling and searching for mobs, or for restocking a few Arrows while waiting on Track's cooldown. There is rarely a real need to be in a town or base and spam SummonArrow, when arrows can be crafted by the Ranger (he needs a Farmer for max arrow crafting ease) or even donated freely by so many specs who can not use bows.

While leveling, and while restocking a few arrows while you need to move, the SummonArrow skill slows you down immensely. If you sprint and SummonArrow, your arrows will be several blocks behind you. (Lore-ish rationale ->) This means that a Ranger who is living off the land with Forage, Gills, and Camouflage is actually not agile, but rather slow moving.

In summation, Ranger has lost a tiny bit of utility (we can no longer instantly cook pigs and cows with our FireArrow lol), and I thought now would be a good time to suggest a SummonArrow that puts my arrows in my hand or in my quiver, rather than puking them on the ground.

Grinch

Obsidian Staff
I suggested this before as well to put it in your inventory but Sleaker stated he didn't really want to write the logic for putting it into the inventory (and handling a full inventory and such).

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
When I was leveling ranger I bound summonarrow to my bow. It would trigger every shot and because the bow slowed me down it didn't really matter.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I suggested this before as well to put it in your inventory but Sleaker stated he didn't really want to write the logic for putting it into the inventory (and handling a full inventory and such).
I have also heard staff say that the coding is not workable, months ago when I suggested this same general suggestion. The skill Forage has the logic in place, and adds in a %chance for multiple items. Someone knows how to do this, and perhaps Heroes Coders could ask them.