• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Suggestion for Charisma

BilltheCynic

Stone
As of right now most people view Charisma as the dump stat, and rightly so. It only affects a few spells while having no effect on your actual person. I believe that should not be the case, so I propose an addition to make it more viable for other classes:
Charisma should slightly increase how much experience you earn.
It fits thematically, it would help offset the lowered xp gain rate on this map, and it makes charisma useful for other classes than the very few who rely on it.
Thoughts?

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Could also slightly increase the amount of attribute allocation points

BilltheCynic

Stone
The only other thing I can think of is changing the Charisma increases to relying on intelligence, because other than bard charisma is all but useless.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
I've seen 4 second stuns due to charisma. Charisma is a very viable option for a few classes. Attributes aren't meant to benefit every class. It just so happens that charisma is the least needed among all classes. Make no mistake about it though, if you're a class that has CCs and you ignore charisma then your CC will suck.

BilltheCynic

Stone
It increases all the stuns and ccs. I think charisma is fine
The problem is that that is all charisma does. All the other stats affect the stats in some other way (Strength increases base damage, agility increases speed and fall height, intellect increases mana, etc) Charisma, on the other hand, only affects a handful of skill. I think it would be nice to give it some sort of boost to your stats.

BilltheCynic

Stone
I've seen 4 second stuns due to charisma. Charisma is a very viable option for a few classes. Attributes aren't meant to benefit every class. It just so happens that charisma is the least needed among all classes. Make no mistake about it though, if you're a class that has CCs and you ignore charisma then your CC will suck.
Even so, the difference between charisma and every other stat is that that is literally all charisma is good for. A Berserker might not need agility for any of his abilities, but he might still put a few extra points into it for an increase of run speed and fall height. However, if your class does not have any holds or stuns, you would be an idiot to take any points into charisma because, and I can't emphasize this enough, it is the only attribute that makes no other changes to your stats.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
TBH Charisma wouldn't be that bad of a stat if affected more skills. I could see it affecting Paladin's Taunt or Berserker's Provoke. Besides those, I think it should affect ALL CC skills.

Besides just skills I could imagine some benefits (still gimmicky IMO) it could have:

-Charisma could affect conversation paths with upcoming quests.
-It could be tied into karma (IDK just saying some ideas :p).
-Maybe you could have it that it makes you lose less exp when you die? (Favored by the gods?)
Slight price reduction to NPC shops (Don't know if these will even be a thing at this point.)

I would be fine with it giving small advantages to lots of different (though possible mundane) things.

1 problem with exp gain idea is that all people would do is dump all of their points into charisma then reset their points when they master

It would make vague, but logical sense here:

If charisma makes you more persuasive etc, then being charismatic should make you more aware of how persuasion works.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
While charisma usually represents your attractiveness/charm, it also has another meaning. It is also having " a divinely conferred power or talent." For simplicity sake, just think of it as being "Favored by the gods." With this reasoning, someone with high charisma is in the "favor" of the gods.

-Some one who is favored would have more potent spells/skills.
-Some one who is favored would be shielded from harm by the gods.

Last edited: