• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Streamline Townships

Lets be honest, lately Townships has been bugged. Of the few things I know of, power generation is bugged, def structures are bugged, and sieges hardly work and are not practical. On top of the region bugs and conflicts that townships have and its general difficulty to understand, it (allegedly) causes a huge portion of server lag.

Can townships be cut down to a more streamlined and effective version? There are lots of features that are not needed or redundant, or are not widely used by the majority of players. Would it be possible to just cut out parts that dont serve a purpose or do the same thing as another feature, and try to reduce confusion and lag. I personally am not familiar enough with the plugin to name any part definitively, but someone that is more qualified could comb over the plugin and cut the drag loose.

Teslanut

TNT
This isn't a bad idea, and there are a lot of factories, farms and mines that I just can't see anyone spending the money and power to build in their town. I can give a short list, and put more thought into it, but I think maybe a new thread should be started to involve more town owners. Off the top of my head, I would give the axe to:

Mines - All mines except gold mines. No one would drain 24 power a day to get some redstone or coal. I can see the remote possibility someone would use an iron mine, but I doubt it.

Quarries - All quarries except Quartz quarry. Maybe spongeworks and ice, but i doubt people will build the ice one when alchemists can make ice or just silk touch it. Again 24 power a day is a LOT to spend on running a quarry to make dirt, cobble, gravel, sand, and even mossy cobble.

Farms - All farms except Carrot and maybe wheat. This may be becuase I haven't expereinced a T4 town yet, but most of what you need is sugar cane which you can make a non towny cane farm for, wheat and carrots. If you're not filling your farm slots with carrot farms and the occasional wheat farm, then you're doing it for fun? Tree farms aren't worth the 24 power a day loss due to the fact you can just bone meal some saplings and chop chop chop.

Factories - All factories except maybe TNT factory and Bread factory. I can't see a reason to drain town power to make sticks, stone axes, stone picks, flint or to fill a bucket of water when you can just make an infinite water source inside your chalets. I can see people who would want arrow factories, even tho the only class who really uses a bow (ranger) should have no arrow problems, or a pearl factory even tho pearls are largely useless since you cant use them inside a town. Packed ice, maybe, for the same reason for the ice quarry.

Power structures - I'm not sure power cage and power cell are relevant right now, aside from the fact they're possibly the reason towns have broken. I can't ever see towns needing more than 850 power (assuming a T3 town). Maybe a new tribe with no buidlings, but your power should be a daily struggle if you want to maximize your town. The rest of the power buildings are really preferential, except maybe the armory which consumes iron axes and is thus strictly worse than all the others.

Town Infrastructure - Pretty much everything except warehouse. The graveyard is expensive, but seems useful. The teleporter is cool, but limited because only town members can use it, and I have no idea what the Ward crystal does.

I can't see getting rid of anything else.

Again this is just my opinion, maybe a new thread involving other town owners should be made. Some come to mind -
@Beau_Nearh, @SoHighFive , @ShadowRavynn , @Pearl2492 , @lukevillani , @devotedworker , @Naxet91 ,
@Osmodian

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
This isn't a bad idea, and there are a lot of factories, farms and mines that I just can't see anyone spending the money and power to build in their town. I can give a short list, and put more thought into it, but I think maybe a new thread should be started to involve more town owners. Off the top of my head, I would give the axe to:

Mines - All mines except gold mines. No one would drain 24 power a day to get some redstone or coal. I can see the remote possibility someone would use an iron mine, but I doubt it.

Quarries - All quarries except Quartz quarry. Maybe spongeworks and ice, but i doubt people will build the ice one when alchemists can make ice or just silk touch it. Again 24 power a day is a LOT to spend on running a quarry to make dirt, cobble, gravel, sand, and even mossy cobble.

Farms - All farms except Carrot and maybe wheat. This may be becuase I haven't expereinced a T4 town yet, but most of what you need is sugar cane which you can make a non towny cane farm for, wheat and carrots. If you're not filling your farm slots with carrot farms and the occasional wheat farm, then you're doing it for fun? Tree farms aren't worth the 24 power a day loss due to the fact you can just bone meal some saplings and chop chop chop.

Factories - All factories except maybe TNT factory and Bread factory. I can't see a reason to drain town power to make sticks, stone axes, stone picks, flint or to fill a bucket of water when you can just make an infinite water source inside your chalets. I can see people who would want arrow factories, even tho the only class who really uses a bow (ranger) should have no arrow problems, or a pearl factory even tho pearls are largely useless since you cant use them inside a town. Packed ice, maybe, for the same reason for the ice quarry.

Power structures - I'm not sure power cage and power cell are relevant right now, aside from the fact they're possibly the reason towns have broken. I can't ever see towns needing more than 850 power (assuming a T3 town). Maybe a new tribe with no buidlings, but your power should be a daily struggle if you want to maximize your town. The rest of the power buildings are really preferential, except maybe the armory which consumes iron axes and is thus strictly worse than all the others.

Town Infrastructure - Pretty much everything except warehouse. The graveyard is expensive, but seems useful. The teleporter is cool, but limited because only town members can use it, and I have no idea what the Ward crystal does.

I can't see getting rid of anything else.

Again this is just my opinion, maybe a new thread involving other town owners should be made. Some come to mind -
@Beau_Nearh, @SoHighFive , @ShadowRavynn , @Pearl2492 , @lukevillani , @devotedworker , @Naxet91 ,
@Osmodian
My town rarely has issues tbh, so I can't really say much about this >.<

Osmodian

Legacy Supporter 9
While I do agree that a lot of buildings do unnecessary jobs, I kind of feel like more buildings = more better, lol.

And I do think many of the quarry/farm etc are nice to have at least once in a while, although I think many of them need to have their power usage drastically reduced. Cobble quarry as well as most of the factories seem rather useless, but is nice to chain into a stone pick/axe automation chain if you feel you need one (don't think Loggerhuts can pull cobble from the warehouse, can they?). I do like having Oak Farms too, though I only stock them with axes once in a blue moon. Dirt/sand quarry are nice if need a bunch to build with but don't want to ruin the landscape lol.

Could definitely try and look into features that are causing more lag though and streamline/disable them if they aren't needed though

--edit--
Also, I don't think most of the Quarries/factories use up power, do they? Quartz Quarry does, but cobble/etc don't seem to have it on the wiki. I haven't built much aside from housing so far so haven't tested

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
Dont see why would the things that work be removed... They cause extra lag? maybe add a power reagent so that towns have to turn the "useless" off when they dont need them. Besides that, the plugin is hard to understand when u get started, i personally found that a reason to get involved and interested.

Bugs i remember:
-Flower_pot from Codifex
-Arrowturret
-Sieging (dont even know what is the new mechanic to make sieges available)

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Dont see why would the things that work be removed... They cause extra lag? maybe add a power reagent so that towns have to turn the "useless" off when they dont need them. Besides that, the plugin is hard to understand when u get started, i personally found that a reason to get involved and interested.

Bugs i remember:
-Flower_pot from Codifex
-Arrowturret
-Sieging (dont even know what is the new mechanic to make sieges available)
2 of the features had been lagging out the server for the past couple of days. They do it regardless of if any region is using it or not, so we can't Turn it off when we don't need them. Hopefully we will find a solution soon