• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Stop SOPA!

Do you support SOPA?

• Yes

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • No

Votes: 43 87.8%
  • I need more information to decide.

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters

Shortyy_oD

Legacy Supporter 3
I have been hearing a lot of hype about this new bill circulating in congress for a while now called SOPA. It stands for Stop Online Piracy Act. I never though much of it until now. I will basically but a giant firewall on the U.S. internet service, hurting Domestic and International sites. It has a 50/50 chance at the moment to pass in congress, which is scary.

The Bill its self: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-112hr3261ih/pdf/BILLS-112hr3261ih.pdf
SOPA in a nutshell: http://americancensorship.org/infographic.html
Congressman's thoughts on SOPA:

EVERYONE needs to write to their congressmen asking them to oppose this bill! It can be detrimental to most things we enjoy on the internet, including Herocraft.

Outern

Legacy Supporter 7
Sopa is just another crazy atempt from the record industri to set back the world to the 70`s.

Oxea

Legacy Supporter 7
More discussion + info. It won't happen, it honestly could only be achieved if America was being ruled by Communism like in China or North Korea where stuff like this already happens or maybe if Illuminati are behind it all.. /endmessagethere

Demonxman

Obsidian
I think people would lynch some dipshits if this bill passes. if obama doesn't veto it I think there's gonna be a lot of people out to get him and his chances of reelection are gonna go down the toilet

Howdanrocks

Legacy Supporter 4
Even if it does pass, it isn't going to do shit. You can simply use a list like this to get to your favorite websites.

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
hell no. Also dont forgot about the Protect IPs Act (PIPA) which is almost just as bad as SOPA.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
Money makes the world go round.
This probably hurts our economy and ends more jobs than it claims to 'create'. This just goes to show how our government bends to the wills of big-money, the government has been set up to be controlled like that ever since Alexander Hamilton proposed a national bank to Congress way back when.
This also hurts activists in communistic countries who use American connections, let alone hurting everyone who uses American connections! The only group this benefits are the ones behind the Iron Curtain. This is no illuminati, no, this is the damn Commies!