• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Steve Jobs - R.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Maybe in a few generations time, outwith people that actively work in IT I don't think I know a single tech savvy person over the age of 40.

This is most true, and the ones that I know are the MOST tech savvy, because they watched it grow up form nothing :p

If i was ever gifted a macbook i would probably put linux on it anyway, because I think the customization option and power of the machine it gives me is more comfortable. Plus if you pick the right desktop environment (shell) you can make it look prettier than mac or windows :p

Amgroma

Legacy Supporter 9
Why can't we all build our own computers, use your 3rd party manufactured Android phone of choice, and run Fedora or Ubuntu linux on our machines/laptops and call it good?
Agree'd up to Fedora/Ubuntu. Arch/KDE dualbooting ftw <3
Build a computer?
able to maybe 25%
willing to maybe 30%

Use linux?
willing to learn 10%
able to use it 99.999% (its as easy as windows)
Depends on the distro. Ubuntu would be simple because its Mac combined with Windows, but throw them something harder like slackware or arch and they wont even know how to get past the install.

Anyways, gotta go to work. And @strongholdx I didn't ruin the thread, you just dont like opinion. Not everyone is going to think exactly like you do in life, get over yourself and live with it.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Agree'd up to Fedora/Ubuntu. Arch/KDE dualbooting ftw <3

Depends on the distro. Ubuntu would be simple because its Mac combined with Windows, but throw them something harder like slackware or arch and they wont even know how to get past the install.

That's why i mentioned Fedora and Ubuntu :p It's a gateway drug distro.

Once they get used to that they get interested in the harder stuff, OR they just use the end user stuff till the end of time :p

Status
Not open for further replies.