• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

State of the test server

Glacial_Reign

Portal
I found myself on the test server today seeing if a certain class still had problems and couldnt get out of spawn to actually test things bc of ppl camping the front. I died plenty of times trying to get out and get away to somewhere private to check the mana costs etc on skills and test stuff on a friend. Thankfully Kahzo was there to teleport me somewhere so I could actually test things.

I think the test server is not serving its purpose and players not letting other players test things on a server that testing is used for.

just my 2 cents

/bitching

Last edited:

BulkPhase

Obsidian
A lot of people just group PvP or like to test PvPing and that's fine, I mean it sucks to be teamed on but there isn't much you can do really. Normally if you ask nicely people will let you just do your own shit, but that's not always the case. Personally I preferred it when there was a whitelist or lesser known IP so it was not packed & you could test easily.

Last edited:

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Is it possible to have a pvp on/off function for each person, that way you can /pvp off go somewhere and /pvp on. This way you can test skills and not pvp if you don't want to, or practice with a friend away from spawn.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Is it possible to have a pvp on/off function for each person, that way you can /pvp off go somewhere and /pvp on. This way you can test skills and not pvp if you don't want to, or practice with a friend away from spawn.
That seems unbalanced. While the balance of that really shouldn't matter on *test*, people are jerks and I could see them abusing it to high heaven to make everyone's lives worse.

Glacial_Reign

Portal
I don't think the test should be connected to the hub if that's possible maybe it'll have less traffic.

I also like the idea of having it white list only so only certain players can use it and actually get stuff done instead of worrying about getting camped by a huge party that won't let anyone leave the spawn area.

RaekinTheBored

Legacy Supporter 7
I don't think the test should be connected to the hub if that's possible maybe it'll have less traffic.

I also like the idea of having it white list only so only certain players can use it and actually get stuff done instead of worrying about getting camped by a huge party that won't let anyone leave the spawn area.

Having whitelist only won't matter as the whitelisted players are mainly the ones camping spawn and not letting others actually test.

To be honest, I'm surprised this thread wasn't up sooner. This has been a problem since attributes were added to the test server. Heck even had devs trolling players who wanted to test. Tis a sad state of affairs for the community when moderation must be implemented on the test server.

Glacial_Reign

Portal
Having whitelist only won't matter as the whitelisted players are mainly the ones camping spawn and not letting others actually test.

To be honest, I'm surprised this thread wasn't up sooner. This has been a problem since attributes were added to the test server. Heck even had devs trolling players who wanted to test. Tis a sad state of affairs for the community when moderation must be implemented on the test server.
What I meant by white list is being white listed on the test server. A different white list than the rpg server

Sanogono

ICE ICE ICE!
At least you can see how easily a Dragoon escapes PvP exchanges, even if you're being chased by 10 wizards and Ninjas.