• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion State of Balance Team

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Since this post didn't get much attention on another thread I decided to make a seperate thread. Please refrain from bashing at balance team. For those who think balance team does nothing, well, that's because they don't have access to commands/permissions to do anything. Balance team is mostly suggestions on how to balance things out.

There doesn't seem anyone motivated enough/someone with enough freetime to focus on the balance team while having permission to push changes on test server. I suggest balance team have access to test server and be able to use commands to adjust the existing skills and stats so we don't have to wait weeks or months like now for the limited amount of people who have access to such things.
From what I have seen, Kainzo is a busy person and not to mention the owner of the server which means he has more stuff to deal with than any of us. I haven't heard who else is capable of pushing changes on test other than him/admins and most of the time the admins are busy or are on vacation for a month. The staff from my perspective has SHRUNK in the past few months and lately there's only 1-2 admins on at a time and most of the time it's Xanipher. Plus, remember that this map started recently and many changes have been announced to come which from how it looks they require working on daily which just adds to the work the admins/staff has.

I suggest there be Senior Balance team members(like in past Senior Procter/Senior Guide and stuff) with time/dedication/permission to work on making balance changes only on TEST and not being able to push it LIVE without Kainzo.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
If I had the power to I would probably implement the 'basic' (no new code) changes listed in my one thread to test server

Duck

TNT
Balance Team should definitely get some sort of way to work out changes.

Glacial_Reign

Portal
There is no point in the balance team. Sure yall talk about balancing the op classes but NOTHING has been done about paladin and or cleric.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We will never have multiple people pushing changes to the balance side of things. The most important thing about balance is consistency and constant changes to and fro without deep involvement and raw numbers backing you will only hurt the community.

The goal is to have incremental, documented changes made with factual information and heavy play-testing.

Alphesie

Legacy Supporter 6
There is no point in the balance team. Sure yall talk about balancing the op classes but NOTHING has been done about paladin and or cleric.
I think that isn't really as important as fixing bugs which has been done a lot lately. They aren't broken because there are viable counters to both cleric and paladin.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I think that isn't really as important as fixing bugs which has been done a lot lately. They aren't broken because there are viable
counters to both cleric and paladin.
Most Troll statement ever, on another hand sometimes balance says something has a planned nerf but in reality it dosnt, Ninja supposedly had a planned nerf/removal of blackjack when I joined balance, I go look at the Ninja thread and there's no discussion on it

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!
Most Troll statement ever, on another hand sometimes balance says something has a planned nerf but in reality it dosnt, Ninja supposedly had a planned nerf/removal of blackjack when I joined balance, I go look at the Ninja thread and there's no discussion on it

Ninja needs that buff!

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
That was because it was on the general balance section :p

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Hard to balance when demotions are freely being handed out to people who have difference of opinion.

Reminder; this ain't Kainzocraft... Except it is.