• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Stamina Bar

I think we should incorporate sprint and player tools with the stamina bar. So it's not really a "Nerf" but it would add to the aspect that people get tired and have to recharge. Kainzo had ideas about making weapons have a limited amount of hits before it would slow down. This was built into the experience bar. Personally i like seeing my experience even if i'm in combat.
Sprint would have 1/2 of hunger deplete after ever 5 seconds of sprinting or so...
Weapons and tools would have 1/2 deplete after every use. Such as every time you mine you lose 1/2 hunger.
I also think there should be a attribute to increase stamina regeneration if this is implemented.
Leave suggestions below.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I think we should incorporate sprint and player tools with the stamina bar. So it's not really a "Nerf" but it would add to the aspect that people get tired and have to recharge. Kainzo had ideas about making weapons have a limited amount of hits before it would slow down. This was built into the experience bar. Personally i like seeing my experience even if i'm in combat.
Sprint would have 1/2 of hunger deplete after ever 5 seconds of sprinting or so...
Weapons and tools would have 1/2 deplete after every use. Such as every time you mine you lose 1/2 hunger.
I also think there should be a attribute to increase stamina regeneration if this is implemented.
Leave suggestions below.
Technically a buff to farmers, but I think it would just make things more of an hassle. This would also actually be a nerf to warriors since they depend on it. All a mage would have to do is make a warrior chase them around and then kill them when they are low on stamina.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
i like the idea of tying movement into stamina (i actually made a post about it that was universally hated awhile back lol) since sprinting has become so straightforward with 1.7. However, it would need to be made to be equally difficult to manage for both caster and melee, or its just a straight nerf for melee who already use stamina.

Technically a buff to farmers, but I think it would just make things more of an hassle. This would also actually be a nerf to warriors since they depend on it. All a mage would have to do is make a warrior chase them around and then kill them when they are low on stamina.
We could always have different value of thing you destroy or hit. Such as breaking stone would be 2 stamina and breaking crops would be 1. It would take longer for the stamina to deplete. With the caster thing... They could have less stamina and agility would tie into this as well.
i like the idea of tying movement into stamina (i actually made a post about it that was universally hated awhile back lol) since sprinting has become so straightforward with 1.7. However, it would need to be made to be equally difficult to manage for both caster and melee, or its just a straight nerf for melee who already use stamina.
Again we could tie this into the agility. Let's take wizard for example with a base agility of -2. They would use more stamina for amount of sprint. Which would somehow balance them.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Anything can work if balanced properly.

I honestly think that stamina needs to have more of a downer, sprinting should have a slow drain and swinging your weapon should (logically) use it as well.

So if we were to do this, we could decrease the actual stam costs on skills, adjust how much attacking reduces it and increase the damage on skills that use stam, etc.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9

I honestly think that stamina needs to have more of a downer, sprinting should have a slow drain and swinging your weapon should (logically) use it as well.

So if we were to do this, we could decrease the actual stam costs on skills, adjust how much attacking reduces it and increase the damage on skills that use stam, etc.
This could possibly be worked around by having a skill that temporarily disabled the stamina loss on regular hits...? Maybe?
Or having all mobility based skills require stamina, even if it's a teleport...

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
This could possibly be worked around by having a skill that temporarily disabled the stamina loss on regular hits...? Maybe?
Or having all mobility based skills require stamina, even if it's a teleport...
The goal is to enable melee swings to reduce stamina (energy) so that click-spam is dumbed down to nothing.

JazzDesignation

Legacy Supporter 8

I think this would well if applied to mining too.. This could make rarer ores, such as diamond (obsidian would probably be most affected) a little harder to mine, due to needing the stamina to constantly hit the block..