• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Stamina and Attributes

Stamina and Attributes

• Stamina Remains the same (regen scales with END, everyone has 1000 Stamina)

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Stamina pool scales with STR, and Stamina regen scales with END

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Stamina pool scales with AGI, and Stamina regen scales with END (I think Rogues run more than Tanks)

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • other, see response below

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Mana pool size scales with INT.
Mana regeneration scales with WIS.

SUGGESTION:

Stamina pool size scales with STR or AGI.
Stamina regen scales with END.

Fairly simple to implement, and brings Stamina classes on par with Mana classes as far as attribute resource management. This also creates the potential for certain builds to be able to maintain the all important "sprint stamina" levels for a greater duration in a fight.

• "Silly Dsaw", (you say) "Stamina is actually the Hunger Bar, so it can't be manipulated like the Mana bar can."
Any number of simple workarounds can fix that, here's one that may appear complex but isn't:

Strength (or AGI) now decreases the Stamina cost of each of the players skills by a small percentage, effectively increasing the amount of Stamina they have available.

• "But Dsaw, Mana classes are meant to focus on complex attribute builds for their resource management, while Melee classes are meant to smash things"
Well dammit, I guess I don't have an answer to that.
  • What do you all think?
edit: @Balance Team @youall

Last edited:

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
uh... im cool with making a new attribute entirely that can add points to stamina, maybe at 10 stam per point, so it's not incredibly drastic.

btw, you don't have to implement a new system to increase stamina. stamina is like mana, but is represented by the food bar. it's also like HP, representing itself based on percentages. so 34% or greater stamina (340) allows you to sprint because that's 3 and a half food bars. implement new attribute (which I don't see as being too hard) and add 20 points into it, you now have 1200 stam, so 34% of that is about 400-420 (stfu)

going over numbers, adding stamina would be retarded, making it so once you are not able to sprint, you wont sprint for even longer than before. the only benefit this provides is a higher intial burst, then you're screwed; UNLESS stam regen was changed to percentile rather than constant. IE at 25~ endurance on some class ive played (not playing atm, tired), I get 50 stam regen, or 5% every stam tick which im assuming is every .75 seconds~ so change the stam regens to use percentages instead of constant numbers. 5% of 1200 is about 60 (not using calculator, tired as well), which will leave the sprinting at the same rate.

night guys.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
going over numbers, adding stamina would be retarded, making it so once you are not able to sprint, you wont sprint for even longer than before. the only benefit this provides is a higher intial burst, then you're screwed; UNLESS stam regen was changed to percentile rather than constant. IE at 25~ endurance on some class ive played (not playing atm, tired), I get 50 stam regen, or 5% every stam tick which im assuming is every .75 seconds~ so change the stam regens to use percentages instead of constant numbers. 5% of 1200 is about 60 (not using calculator, tired as well), which will leave the sprinting at the same rate.
No need to add Stamina or do all this changes, reread this from OP:

"Strength (or AGI) now decreases the Stamina cost of each of the players skills by a small percentage, effectively increasing the amount of Stamina they have to use [which also effectively makes Stamina Regen Percentile based rather than constant]."

Your method seems more complicated than mine, which does not require fiddling with the Hunger Bar, nor does it require any changes to the way Stamina Regen works.

Adding an attribute scale to the resource cost seems the easiest way to do this, but SHOULD we?

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
This would cause a balancing nightmare. Things would have to be changed greatly, especially if it scaled with agility. You would break classes. Some classes don't rely on Agility or Strength, and now would be forced to allocate points into it for enough stam. This is a bad idea.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
uh... im cool with making a new attribute entirely that can add points to stamina, maybe at 10 stam per point, so it's not incredibly drastic.

btw, you don't have to implement a new system to increase stamina. stamina is like mana, but is represented by the food bar. it's also like HP, representing itself based on percentages. so 34% or greater stamina (340) allows you to sprint because that's 3 and a half food bars. implement new attribute (which I don't see as being too hard) and add 20 points into it, you now have 1200 stam, so 34% of that is about 400-420 (stfu)

night guys.
It would be awesome to have this AFTER we get all the other classes balanced out. A change this drastic is going to take some 1v1 from the @(Fake)Balance Team and would change the stratagies associated with these classes