• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Spreading herocraft; A tale of Banners, ads, and heroic villans.

Spirit_Guardian

Soulsand
Ok

-Edit:
Shoot, I only have an hour before I have to get ready for work--- I don't have much left to do so I should be OK; but if I do not get it done (I should), then I will have to pick this up on Friday (tomorrow my best friend graduates and I want to be there to support her! hope you don't mind the slight delay (again--- I know)).

--Edit edit: Oh and I snatched the site logo for the ad, I figured it would be better, design-wise, than what I came up with.
And seeing as it is just a static ad (and I want to put up an ad) I wont have to worry about it too much.

I will put it up here when I finish the border (need some contrasting colors to draw peoples eyes to the ad).
This is what I have so far (IMG WAS BROKEN >.> Follow link)
The background was interesting to make (also took the most time), I went with gold for the border (the border is just to attract the eye---).
I am debating on putting "A Minecraft server" somewhere, but I think it might make the add too--- cluttered.
Instead I could probably make it show on mouse hover.
suggestion? (I wont get to reply till Friday)

Last edited:

Spirit_Guardian

Soulsand
Alright, the static ad is going to start running tomorrow at 10 AM till 9 PM (and continue every day at the same times).
While that runs I will be working my butt off to get better equipment.
I decided to go with the ad as it was, and just use hover text to say it is "More than just a minecraft server!"; A bit of mystery is good for ads!
I will keep the front page updated with the progress.

Spirit_Guardian

Soulsand
I am going to get a WACOM screen/tablet before I work on a new ad, and I am going to work on getting Toonboom animate...

Right now, I am looking at a WACOM screen that I am familiar with: http://www.wacom.com/en-us/products/pen-displays/cintiq-22-hd-touch
Which costs a couple hundred less than my rig... (I was going to game art and design school, used VA benefits to get the rig for schoolwork before... stuff happened) :I so I cannot afford it, ---yet.
But, once I unleash the true power of my machine I will probably start selling digital art work on the side.

Last edited:

Spirit_Guardian

Soulsand
Welp... I just got a pistol 'cause this neighborhood is CRAZY. So that delays my plans...
I haven't had to use it yet! :D YAY! -9/3/15

Last edited: