• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Spout Vs Vanilla Launcher & Customizability

Spout Or Vanilla Launcher?

• Total voters

AcexWild

Legacy Supporter 4
I downloaded Spout earlier for a few reasons. Reason 1.) Server has been down for over an hour, 2.) Because I am getting slaughtered in PvP. Now I don't particularly like PvP but its the direction the server headed and I can't change that, I must adapt. Sadly its not all my fault most players, if not all have a serious upper hand on me. I run MC on normal launcher with two mods: Reis Mini map, and the Macro mod. My mini map does not show enemies, or mobs so I cannot see when players are near me, or about to attack. Also I cannot run away because I don't have auto run. So I have already lost half the battle before it even starts, putting me at a 2:36 Kill:Death standing three days into the game.

So I set out to Download some mods that would help me (Even though its not allowed, what choice do I have in this ever evolving PvP dominant server. I realized that there isn't any true auto run mods (At least that I could find) for the normal MC. Most seemed to be a toggle, but even still its not auto. I could run and if I fell, or got hit I have to tap W again to start my sprint. So no light was shed on my situation.

I stumbled upon Spout and remembered hearing Kainzo talk about it in O chat so I download it. I noticed that instantly has more features than the normal launcher like Auto sprint, Auto sneak, Map (With mobs/enemies), Macros, Etc. I haven't been able to try it on the server because it's still down, but I was hoping to get people incite on Spout Vs. Vanilla Launcher. Can you download mods, skins, etc on spout? How does the built in Macro feature stack up? Is it as reliable, or better? Do you gain performance increases, decrease? Im just rambling at this point, and its 4:38AM so if this looks like crap, that is my excuse.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
I'd be curious to see how the server runs on the Spout launcher. From my knowledge, if you have a super computer you'll be able to run spout without much FPS lag, but if not you should stick to the vanilla launcher. If that's the case, I suggest getting Opti-Fine. It makes life better.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I downloaded Spout earlier for a few reasons. Reason 1.) Server has been down for over an hour, 2.) Because I am getting slaughtered in PvP. Now I don't particularly like PvP but its the direction the server headed and I can't change that, I must adapt. Sadly its not all my fault most players, if not all have a serious upper hand on me. I run MC on normal launcher with two mods: Reis Mini map, and the Macro mod. My mini map does not show enemies, or mobs so I cannot see when players are near me, or about to attack. Also I cannot run away because I don't have auto run. So I have already lost half the battle before it even starts, putting me at a 2:36 Kill:Death standing three days into the game.

So I set out to Download some mods that would help me (Even though its not allowed, what choice do I have in this ever evolving PvP dominant server. I realized that there isn't any true auto run mods (At least that I could find) for the normal MC. Most seemed to be a toggle, but even still its not auto. I could run and if I fell, or got hit I have to tap W again to start my sprint. So no light was shed on my situation.

I stumbled upon Spout and remembered hearing Kainzo talk about it in O chat so I download it. I noticed that instantly has more features than the normal launcher like Auto sprint, Auto sneak, Map (With mobs/enemies), Macros, Etc. I haven't been able to try it on the server because it's still down, but I was hoping to get people incite on Spout Vs. Vanilla Launcher. Can you download mods, skins, etc on spout? How does the built in Macro feature stack up? Is it as reliable, or better? Do you gain performance increases, decrease? Im just rambling at this point, and its 4:38AM so if this looks like crap, that is my excuse.
Rei's Minimap and Macromod are the two standard mods that players use for PVP. Using any mini map with entities enabled is against the rules, and last I checked, spout had that disabled when playing on Herocraft.

If Autosneak works for Spout, I think we need another re-evaluation of the rules. I talked to Danda once about the autosneak thing, and he said it was against the rules because you could open chests and your inventory while sneaking.

I've also heard that the autosprint was supposed to be disabled on spout, but last I heard from a spout user, it was not disabled. So I'm not sure on the legality of that currently.

Rules and such aside, spout makes me want to puke. It just feels like an overbloated piece of crap that's more trouble than it's worth. If I were you, I would just download mods for the vanilla launcher. Optifine, Rei's, and Macromod should be all you really need.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
If you don't feel like using Spout after some time, you can go grab the Herocraft Minecraft.jar at hc.to/jar