• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Speed Changes

Jayzy3

Glowing Redstone
Just throwing this out there, something Iv thought about for a bit

Woudnt it be sort of cool to have the amount and kind of armor you are wearing change you characters speed? (Rhetorical question, dont answer it.) Like, say, someone with full diamond will move 10% slower than someone with full leather on, and someone with no armor at all will move 15% faster, or something like that. I havnt really elaborated on this much, so if anyone at all agrees with me, feel free to change it around or play with it however you like and then send it back out there.

JZillifro

Soulsand
Though I like the idea, if something like this was implemented casters would wreck almost anything with spout's infinite sprint.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
Though I like the idea, if something like this was implemented casters would wreck almost anything with spout's infinite sprint.
yeah this makes me rage... backwards sprinting is extremely OP, if this were even possible with vanilla minecraft, anyone with ranged skills (disciple, caster, ranger... anyone with bow) would destroy warriors without even giving them a chance to catch up to them.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
Spout has auto sprinting? Da fuq, I need to get this shit!

This would make the use of Dragoon as a ranged killer more strategic ;)

Sigpit

Legacy Supporter 7
Afforess removed backwards sprinting and sprinting with no stamina. I think it is in the newest version of spout.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
If i had spout i wouldnt update, with something that OP they should make it mandatory to update o the latest version

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Case closed

Edit: I wouldn't recommend implementing this, however, as I'm pretty sure it would dissincentivise armor use for quite a few specs and give those heavy armor users a pretty bad disadvantage

Sleaker

Retired Staff
just because there's a plugin/mod for bukkit that provides some functionality does not mean: A) it will run properly on HC with the # of players we have. B) That it wont screw up other systems already in place.