• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Special Protection for public projects

What protection should public projects get?

• 0. None. They should take care of themselves or go to another server

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • 1. The thief should be reported to the owner

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • 2. #1 + Their items should be returned

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • 3. #1 + #2 + Warning from admin/mod

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • 4. Bannable

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters

Gwawr

Stone
Actually, that isn't entirely accurate. The soup is buy for 1c, fill the bowl back up at the house, sell for 1c. There were people who never returned the soup/bowls and so those people could be viewed as giving me profit.

The farm could (and was) harvested by anybody. The farm itself was a no profit deal. The way that I got away with it was that there were just so many shrooms that it was hard for anybody interested in harvesting to get all the floors. 20 floors with 60 shrooms each potential with some of the shrooms being in the 1 block nooks all around the edge of each floor. Obviously, for anybody interested in taking shrooms, it is in their best interest to leave some starters. That allows them to come back and take more shrooms in the future.

The fact that somebody went and cleared all the shrooms out to the very last one on all 20 floors says loudly that somebody just doesn't want that farm to exist.

The farm is being revised to be harder to grief right now. There are a few blocks missing in my floors at the moment which I will not pe as those spots are going to be changed by the revision anyway. The unfortunate side effect of the revision is that it will limit maximum shroom output to around 400.

RedKhan

Soulsand
Hiring guards isn't a sensible solution, especially for projects that accrue zero profit (How do you pay them?), nobody is going to enjoy standing around all day in one place waiting for a re-ocurring robber to show up. And if that robber does show up and notices the new guards, he just has to think "I'll come back later" afterall, they can't be there 24/7.

I don't know what the problem would be with the poll options. The first is literally just a name so that if the project is popular enough, it's supporters can help track down the thief. People like to say hardcore and legit alot, but honestly, what would be the downside to this?