• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Spawn trade district

rfgordan

ICE ICE ICE!
It would make sense that if there is a pvp-on black market, there is also some sort of more civilized "high market". This district would be significantly smaller, and the shops would be orders of magnitude more expensive. Players and merchants would have a choice between the pricy "high market" or the risky black market.

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
A pvp-on trade area should probably not be implemented at all. There's two potentially fatal flaws with pvp-on in the black market:
  1. A vast majority of herocraft players are aggressive and will kill other players without hesitation, restraint, or remorse.
  2. The reward of killing other players in the market is easily worth the risk. If a potential killer dies, they just lose their gear. If a trader dies, they lose all their goodies which may tend to be worth more than the gear.
The "risk" of going to the market is one-sided and it vastly favors pvpers more than anything or anywhere else in Herocraft. You give the bloodthirsty hordes of the server a small cramped place filled with innocents heavy with great loot. Also convenient for the killers, they don't have to navigate the wilds of bastion to sell their ill-gotten gains, they can sell their goodies right there in the market! This idea in its current form doesn't make selling goods "risky," it practically makes itsuicide.

So here's my balance idea, it's quite simple in theory, but implementation may be a pain: There should be a massive risk if you attack another player in the market. The only idea I could think of is heavily armed sentries or golems that attack anyone aggressive. Maybe if an aggressor dies, they lose a good bit of experience or coin from their account as well, and/or the guards are aggressive towards them for days.

Without this risk for pvpers what you get is Merchants too uncomfortable to restock their stores, and traders unwilling to bring their goods because there will always be at least one player in the market that isn't there to trade; that player is there solely for killing. The blackmarket will become a pvp arena, and trade will go to either the high market or other towns.
It is an interesting idea, but in its current form I don't think it will work at all.

-edit- @rfgordan You are correct, I misunderstood you, I reworded. It sounded like you were saying there should be two trade districts one with pvp-on.

rfgordan

ICE ICE ICE!
@Roadkill909 I'm not sure you understand what this thread is about. The pvp-on black market is not my idea. If I had my way, there would be no pvp-on trade district.

rfgordan

ICE ICE ICE!
I had another idea that, if codeable, I feel would be an excellent solution: the black market could be pvp-on at night and off during the day.

lhatchy1

Legacy Supporter 4
A pvp-on trade area should probably not be implemented at all. There's two potentially fatal flaws with pvp-on in the black market:
  1. A vast majority of herocraft players are aggressive and will kill other players without hesitation, restraint, or remorse.
  2. The reward of killing other players in the market is easily worth the risk. If a potential killer dies, they just lose their gear. If a trader dies, they lose all their goodies which may tend to be worth more than the gear.
The "risk" of going to the market is one-sided and it vastly favors pvpers more than anything or anywhere else in Herocraft. You give the bloodthirsty hordes of the server a small cramped place filled with innocents heavy with great loot. Also convenient for the killers, they don't have to navigate the wilds of bastion to sell their ill-gotten gains, they can sell their goodies right there in the market! This idea in its current form doesn't make selling goods "risky," it practically makes itsuicide.

So here's my balance idea, it's quite simple in theory, but implementation may be a pain: There should be a massive risk if you attack another player in the market. The only idea I could think of is heavily armed sentries or golems that attack anyone aggressive. Maybe if an aggressor dies, they lose a good bit of experience or coin from their account as well, and/or the guards are aggressive towards them for days.

Without this risk for pvpers what you get is Merchants too uncomfortable to restock their stores, and traders unwilling to bring their goods because there will always be at least one player in the market that isn't there to trade; that player is there solely for killing. The blackmarket will become a pvp arena, and trade will go to either the high market or other towns.
It is an interesting idea, but in its current form I don't think it will work at all.

-edit- @rfgordan You are correct, I misunderstood you, I reworded. It sounded like you were saying there should be two trade districts one with pvp-on.
Thanks for the wall of text -_-

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
It would make sense that if there is a pvp-on black market, there is also some sort of more civilized "high market". This district would be significantly smaller, and the shops would be orders of magnitude more expensive. Players and merchants would have a choice between the pricy "high market" or the risky black market.
aka airbus's shop? :)