• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Souls vs Golds

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Collecting soul shards does not seem to be producing as much money as gold did. I was grinding away at mining yesterday, for about 7 hours, and I was only able to generate about 500s. At the same time, I was mined over 1600c worth of gold ore.

Was the idea of souls to make money making harder? Because it seems like this was the case, being hardcore and all. If not, then will the drop rate/price of soul shards be changed to make the new system produce the same amount of money as gold did? If this stay how they are right now, then will the prices of LWCs/towns/personal regions be changed to compensate for the current difficulty in making money?

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
It was the goal to make it so people got money at a slower pace along with making it slightly more even between the money you got from mining along with what you'd get with killing mobs.

As to the personal regions, LWC's and towns... well what I have heard is that those are subject to change if it turns out to be too much of a hassle. But for now regions and LWC's stay the same. (We don't know the requirements for towns currently)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Gold had a limit. it can be "mined out" eventually.
This new system is limitless and cannot.

The drop rates and prices have been adjusted to reflect this change.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
Malik, I guess that's either something wrong with the coding, or animals will still be rare after the first few days and farmers will still be able to spawn them.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Gold had a limit. it can be "mined out" eventually.
This new system is limitless and cannot.

The drop rates and prices have been adjusted to reflect this change.

I know mobs are limitless, but there's only so many ores, though there are more than there was gold.

Ellron23

Legacy Supporter 3
For our purpose, its basically endless :)

I'm tempted to put in soul drops in farming and trees

Put soul shards in everything, just at smaller and smaller drop rates. Have dirt drop a shard 1/50 times it's broken!
I agree with the OP, it is much harder to get money now. I can't even afford a second LWC after 2 days of playing! I think drop rates need to be increased or the value increased.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I don't think the drop rates need an increase, it would be better to have more things that gave shard drops like farming (With lesser drop rates) and logging.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Put soul shards in everything, just at smaller and smaller drop rates. Have dirt drop a shard 1/50 times it's broken!
I agree with the OP, it is much harder to get money now. I can't even afford a second LWC after 2 days of playing! I think drop rates need to be increased or the value increased.
This is the first step of the economy revamp. Having custom, hard to earn items, is next. I have a plan.