• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Someone is trying to claim my home.

I am PhoenixYeshua and someone named realmatt10000 is trying to claim my home. I lived in an area with another friend and his friend. A few days ago my friend moved to a town. I thought about following him so i started tearing down my home so i could follow him if i wanted to this was Thursday the 3rd. In the process of tearing down my home I removed my claim signs. Sunday i logged in and realmatt10000 had put a claim sign on my home as well as the home base of my friends former home that he shared with another player who still lives there. realmatt10000 then killed me and insinuated me of griefing for taking down his claim sign, which i took down because it is my home. Now i ask anyone were do i post a formal appeal to withdraw his claim so i may take back my home.

realmatt10000

Legacy Supporter 5
If you kept your claim signs then I would have no right to claim your base but you took them down so it's fair game. I saw no claim signs so I claimed the base and not only did you take down my many claim signs, you completely destroyed the whole entire base with @mannydoberly72 which is indeed griefing my claimed property. I did nothing wrong while you did. Just sayin.

Xanipher

Tea & Bacon
Retired Staff
Did you wait the entire week, as is proper claim process? And were the signs undisturbed for a week? If you put down a claim sign, and the owner does not return and remove them, then its a fair claim. If you put a sign down and the owner removes it 1-7 days later, then your claim is invalid and you should stop trying. However, the user states that he tried to remove your claim signs, but you kept killing him. And you had to petition to have your claim accepted by staff. If you did not follow process then your claim is invalid. Also the claim rule is for INACTIVE users.

Abandoned structures of inactive players can be claimed. You can check for inactivity by looking a sign containing the owner's name and using the lastlogin command (/lastlogin <playername>). Inactivity is generally defined as not logging in for a period of one month or more. If the player is inactive or there is no sign on the structure, the following procedure applies.

1. Place a sign in a visible location with your name, date you placed the sign, and intent to claim. (Do not remove this sign, as it is used to confirm the claim date by admins/mods)
  2. Wait one week from the date on your sign.
  3. Submit a petition (/pe new <message>) with your request to confirm the claim. Be sure to include coordinates of the building. A Staff member will check your claim. They have the final say in all claiming requests, and have the authority to deny you.
The purpose of the petition is to ensure the structure is truly abandoned. Many times players will have notified staff they will be on an extended vacation or military leave, and wish their structure to be protected.

Hello there, I would like to vouch for PhoenixYeshua and MannyDoberly72. I was the third member of their party and can confirm that realmatt10000 had been harassing us for over a week. If you would like to review the chat between myself and realmatt10000, he stated the his reasons for doing so were from a pre-existing whim that MannyDoberly72 had trolled him on a server. This is just some unwarranted act of vengeance by and upset player (realmatt10000). I know that there is a set protocol for claiming property, but I can assure you that MannyDoberly72 and myself had placed a sign on our primary home, prior to realmatt10000 taking it down himself. I am no longer a member of their party, as of a few days ago when I joined a town. I invited them both to join me and they accepted and began preparations to move by tearing down any resources they could carry with them. This "grief" was merely their attempt to gather up what they could (of THEIR homes) so they could transfer to a new location. Players like realmatt10000 who are veteran members of the community that decide to prey on new members do absolutely NOTHING for this server except spread player toxicity. I don't know if this post will do anything for their case, but I felt the need to vouch for them both. 1. They both had signs on their property . 2. Both are positive members of this gaming community. 3. realmatt10000 made it clear what his intentions were in our chat together.

realmatt10000

Legacy Supporter 5
I'm not even going to bother fighting this anymore for the base doesn't suit my needs anyway. I did not take down any of your signs until after the base was reset because I was under the impression that it belonged to me but oops, guess not. I told both manny and Phoenix that if they have a problem pe it but they didn't which led to this. I was also told by manny that he quit server so I decided to claim it. Thought there would be no problems until this Phoenix person pops out of nowhere and claims his residency even though there was no sign of his existence. I will say this again, there was no claim sign whatsoever. In the past I got my places taken away for not having a claim sign and was told "tough" by a mod. I'm not going to look over this post because I have better things to do.

~real