• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Some New Pyro Skills- Smoldering Power and More

kk0707

Legacy Supporter 2
Smoldering Power

You Begin to produce significant heat from your body, Because of this your body and your armor becomes hot to the touch. Burning anyone who may lay a hand on you.

-Deals 15 damage every time someone hits you with melee.

- lasts 8-10 secs based on int

- consumes stamina

Wildfire

You fire off multiple lines of fire, thus encasing the surrounding area in an arena of fire.

- fires out 10 blocks away

- deals 100 damage to anyone who leaves the ring

- lasts for 5 secs

Burning Aggression

You port you and your party 500 blocks from any conquest point

-random coords but always 500 blocks away

- can only be used while points are active.

I Would personally really enjoy seeing at least some kind of port for pyro as it is the only caster class that does not have any kind of port. Even shaman has the ability to port someone back to their death point.

Realize that the skills currently in place aren't completely fixed as it is. Now you are suggesting that we (we being the unmotivated coders) to add new skills. Just doesn't make sense.

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
As much as I'd like more utility for Pyromancer, I disagree with the last skill. It does not make sense for a Pyromancer to be teleporting huge distances around the world. When you think about it, this is basically a free port to spawn if you would choose the central point as your destination.

Just because the other casters can teleport (Shaman's Reincarnate is in a whole different area, so that's not really a valid point.) doesn't mean Pyro should.

Wizard: Arcane Mage with lots of utility, GTP/Port make sense.

Necromancer: Master of death, porting to Hell makes sense.

Beguiler: No freaking idea, to be honest.

Shaman: It's a tribal support/healer that is connected to the earth, bringing allies back from the dead makes sense. (Though, I don't know what Shaman is doing as a Caster class, it has every characteristic of a Healer and doesn't fit with the other Casters.)

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
As much as I'd like more utility for Pyromancer, I disagree with the last skill. It does not make sense for a Pyromancer to be
teleporting huge distances around the world. When you think about it, this is basically a free port to spawn if you
would choose the central point as your destination.

Just because the other casters can teleport (Shaman's Reincarnate is in a
whole different area, so that's not really a valid point.) doesn't mean Pyro should.

Wizard: Arcane Mage with lots of
utility, GTP/Port make sense.

Necromancer: Master of death, porting to Hell makes sense

Beguiler: No freaking idea, to be honest

Shaman: It's a tribal support/healer
that is connected to the earth, bringing allies back from the dead makes sense. (Though, I don't know what Shaman is doing as a Caster
class, it has every characteristic of a Healer and doesn't fit with the other Casters.)
Shaman dosnt fit with healers much either, hmm reminds ne off inferno/ignite (idk if that's real name
) and fire armor from bastion

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
If anything pyro's should get hellgate as they are far better equipped for the nether than necromancers eg. Cauterize and flameshield.

OliverDollar

Legacy Supporter 3
Smoldering Power

You Begin to produce significant heat from your body, Because of this your body and your armor becomes hot to the touch. Burning anyone who may lay a hand on you.

-Deals 15 damage every time someone hits you with melee.

- lasts 8-10 secs based on int

- consumes stamina
I agree with something like this but I think it should be a passive ability and not use up stamina. Instead there should be a %chance to ignite an enemy with your weapon, maybe only if you use a blaze rod, so it's like striking a match on your enemy. Could have some cool sparky visual effects. Maybe... anyhow I think there needs to be more passive abilities in herocraft in general.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I rated the original post disagree because of the Conquest point TP suggestion. Just use a Herogate, that is what they are there for.