• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Sneak Peek tid bits: Adventure Map

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
So construction of the Adventure map began last week, we're currently in the process of Terra-forming the area around spawn. The adventure map as a whole is a very long term project and probably will not be publicly released for months but here is a little image of one of the mountain ranges that has been built so far.

MQGrnZU.png

Work has also begun on the design of a few dungeons. This is an early design of a sewer based dungeon the lighting has not been started yet but I like the feel of it being dark and dank similarly to how it is at present.

n9uXOir.png

I will probably release more teasers and generally keep you guys up to speed with the progress of the map continues every so often.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
Just an idea - can you release the Adventure Map in stages ? like start with 500r and then go to 1000r when thats ready and so on ? Might be a way to keep everyone enjoying it, while its being built.

Other than that the mountain range looks sweet.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Just an idea - can you release the Adventure Map in stages ? like start with 500r and then go to 1000r when thats ready and so on ? Might be a way to keep everyone enjoying it, while its being built.

There is no radius to the adventure map, it is all custom terrain with custom continents and such.

The start up of Adventure will not be huge by any means, and continents, leveling areas, and dungeons will be released in stages, and they are needed. Much like an expansion pack.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter

We already plan on releasing in stages but that doesn't mean development time of the back end plugins and script writing and all the other stuff that goes with this will take any less time =P

SenVilan

Dirt
Sorry if this is stated somewhere, but is the Adventure map the same as the PVE map, or are they separate? Since the focus is pve for the Adventure map, I wasn't sure if it was standalone or if it's slated to be the actual pve server itself.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
Sorry if this is stated somewhere, but is the Adventure map the same as the PVE map, or are they separate? Since the focus is pve for the Adventure map, I wasn't sure if it was standalone or if it's slated to be the actual pve server itself.

they are separate things, last i heard the pve map will be out very soon. Adventure map more of a long term project but should be pretty awesome when done.

SenVilan

Dirt
they are separate things, last i heard the pve map will be out very soon. Adventure map more of a long term project but should be pretty awesome when done.

Awesome, thanks for the clarification :). Really looking forward to starting up soon.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
I have a question. Since all this hardwork will be done terraforming this, will you be allowed to build on the map? I am afraid that if you could, there would be areas greifed up and cobble boxes players call "houses".

Aryios

Senior Architect
Architect
I have a question. Since all this hardwork will be done terraforming this, will you be allowed to build on the map? I am afraid that if you could, there would be areas greifed up and cobble boxes players call "houses".
Read what Kainzo had wrote.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Yeah I was wondering what that meant. Some servers have no building rules but it is unprotected. If it is unprotected than hopefully there will be no holes to fall into :p.
The area is completely protected. I have talked to @gabizou before about having player housing such as plots available in cities and towns. While building blocks cannot be farmed, I would still like to see resource nodes available to harvest.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Two different things, while PVE is more for building, etc while adventure will have no building.
Yeah I was wondering what that meant. Some servers have no building rules but it is unprotected. If it is unprotected than hopefully there will be no holes to fall into :p.
Really? The answer was in the port before yours lol