• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Skirmish - Disciples

look_out

Legacy Supporter 3
Disciples currently spawn with a blaze rod in skirmish their highest dealing damage weapon. While Warriors or Rogues spawn with diamond swords their second highest dealing weapons and Casters diamond hoes. This is not fair. In my eyes there are two ways to fix this.

1. Remove blaze rod and give them their second highest dealing weapon. (i forgot what it is... as they use some weird shit for weapons)
2. Give every class their highest dealing weapons. I.E. Gold weapons.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Gold swords lose their durability in... 16 hits? Also, if ANYTHING Disciples need a more viable #1 weapon. 2 Diamonds to make a sword is easy to come by... a blaze rod though? Let's get serious.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Disciples were designed to more or less do well when they're naked. They can die, come back from graveyard and do 45 DMG with their fists. The next easiest/quickest thing to get is a stick which does 45 DMG. Fishing Rod and Fish do 48 and 55 respectively. How a blaze rod fits into that picture is beyond me.

look_out

Legacy Supporter 3
Gold swords lose their durability in... 16 hits? Also, if ANYTHING Disciples need a more viable #1 weapon. 2 Diamonds to make a sword is easy to come by... a blaze rod though? Let's get serious.
This is not a tread about disciples weapons... This is about balance in skirmish.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
As stated, it doesn't make sense to give Melee classes gold weapons. While they deal the highest damage, what will you do when it breaks in your hand and you're forced to use your fists for your main weapon?

look_out

Legacy Supporter 3
As stated, it doesn't make sense to give Melee classes gold weapons. While they deal the highest damage, what will you do when it breaks in your hand and you're forced to use your fists for your main weapon?
They could simply add unbreaking the the gold weapon or go the other path and give them their second highest dealing weapon.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
I think you stand alone on this issue. Is the 9DMG difference between a blaze rod and a fish really overpowering to the extent that you feel giving a Disciple a fish will make things more balanced? On that note, Bards should carry noteblocks in skirmishes as well.

look_out

Legacy Supporter 3
I think you stand alone on this issue. Is the 9DMG difference between a blaze rod and a fish really overpowering to the extent that you feel giving a Disciple a fish will make things more balanced? On that note, Bards should carry noteblocks in skirmishes as well.
I never said Overpowered...

Teerian

Gold
What LightningCape said.

You are, quite frankly, insane for thinking that a disciple should not have a blaze rod for skirmish battles. Have you checked the amount of damage those diamond weapons do by comparison? If not, let me save you some time here.

Disciples do not do a ton of melee damage even with their best weapon available (blaze rod: 64 base at level 60). Two of the warrior as well as rogue classes (with the exception of bards) have a base of 86 (dragoon with diamond spade) up to 106 (ninja with diamond sword) with diamond weapons. Rangers, of course, are excluded as they would much rather be using their 150 base bow anyway. Even pyromancers have an 89 damage base with diamond axes.

Unless the values on the wiki have been drastically changed, I can't imagine what possessed you to develop a problem with this.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
This is not a tread about disciples weapons... This is about balance in skirmish.

Balance is not based around Skirmish, so I understand your suggestion to be "Since Skirmish is designed to test PvP for world PvP (real fights), Disciples should receive the same weapons in Skirmish that they use in the World."

I would rather see an Increase in the availability of blaze rods/reagents (probably through cauldrons) used in World PvP, and balance from there on out.

Imo: Blaze rods should cost ~between 9-18c, which is the range for gold weapon costs. Perhaps a bit more, taking into account the infinite durability of Blaze Rods and strong melee focus of the class. Perhaps Disciple needs a new #1 weapon, since Blaze Rods now have a use in brewing, and may need to remain costly for that purpose.

Edit: I disliked the Original post, Sorry, but I think removing Blaze Rods is a solution that does not move us forward towards better, more diverse PvP, and giving everyone gold swords would mean that longer skirms like Cleric v Pally, a Pally's sword would not stay up for long enough.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
I would rather see an Increase in the availability of blaze rods/reagents (probably through cauldrons) used in World PvP, and balance from there on out
Pretty please? :)

Also, it would be cool if bones does the same amount of damage a stick does, though that's just me being lazy not wanting to move my bone from the first slot in my inventory after killing one lol