• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Skills - What makes a class?

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
While I see what you are saying, I would rather see this problem solved in a different manner. Such as the Dungeons or HeroBoss stuff. The reason leveling is a chore is not because you don't have your skills, but because there is no actual PVE on Herocraft. If you add PVE content, there is no need to alter skills in the way you describe.

Although PVE is extreamely limited as is in HeroCraft the one thing that makes it worse is not being able to fight off additional attackers.
Although I think leveling might be helped by dungeons(Most likely only by the bigger cities who will own the dungeons will be able to use it. Not newer of small cities) their effect will still be limited and the amount of people they will help will also be limited. Hero Bosses will hopefully be tough enough that without skills and some strats you wont just be able to spam click them into a corner in which case you will need some additional damage skills.

I am more on the side of Dsawemd here. It's the RPG standard to acquire new skills as you "grow in power". To be given everything at once and have it be lackluster from the beginning is boring and uninteresting. You no longer get the rush of "Yes! Now I have <skill here>!"

As far as quoting "Normally RPGs work like this" is really something I wish people would drop from their mind. How boring would it be if every RPG played exactly the same?

As far as getting everything at once, I not once suggested that. I am suggesting getting the skills your class needs to function early and then the bonus skills as they grow. This would fulfill both your worries. You WILL grow as you level because your early skills will get stronger and you WILL get new skills as you level which will still give yet an additional boost.

Even with your suggestion, you will still find players needing to be "maxed" for your class to be playable. The fact of the matter is, there is no need for your primary class other than PVP. Without PVE content, your health, your damage, your skills--they're all completely worthless. They're just meaningless fluff that serve to make you feel better about yourself.

Exactly and that's one of the bigger parts of the server, PVP. Players needs to die over and over to players to try to get to level 45-55 to get their main PVP skills which makes a lot of people quit. There are a lot of people that don't mind dying but not even being able to fight back as they slowly try to level for potentially weeks.
If the correct skills are given early enough then although those same players will still most likely die if a mastered player runs by and attacks them, they will be able to try to fight. It will also give them the ability to work better in groups to help in PVP.

Until PVE content is created, the issue you described will still exist. This system is not the answer, and I don't think it's a good idea.

I disagree, changing the levels and to an extent the skills get to give them a player a functional set of skills earlier will give them much more to do earlier while still giving them the need to level.

Simply re-arranging the level at which you receive skills is the better solution until we actually see some content updates.

This is what I am suggesting, so now I see that you are not against the core idea, but you are just against having skills scale as you level.
So you would be a perfect candidate to fill out a listing of what skills your class needs to function what skills aren't required but help and what skills are just the icing on the class?