• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Skills] Miner Profession abilities

Disketa777

Glowstone
I've noticed a severe lack of uniqueness in the Miner Profession. They have very few skills compared to the other professions. The only skills that make them shine, other than the standard profession skills, are Mining, Construct, and Excavate. However, Mining and Construct are not exclusive to miners alone. Excavate, on the other hand. is a level 55 skill, and, in my opinion, is not good enough reason to choose miners over... say the masons and engineers, who also have the Mining ability.

To rectify the issue of making Miners a more desirable profession, there are a few things that could be easily done:

1) Make the ability Mining exclusive to Miners only: The appeal of miners is that they are the primary miners. The Mining ability makes this perfect. However, masons and engineers get the exact same bonus, as well as their respective profession skills. If one wanted the Mining skill, those two professions have far more appeal than Miners.
2) Give Miners the Transmute Ore ability: Seeing as they will be the ones to mine, it seems rather fitting that Miners get Transmute Ore, as they will be in possession of quite a bit of ore.
3) Give Miners another unique ability: From the start Miners can only unlock 2 abilities from leveling up: Construct and Excavate. And those are both high-level abilities (40+). Adding a few more abilities would make the Miner a little more desirable. I recommend an ability like "Conjure Pick: Conjures an iron pickaxe in your inventory." Cooldown would be around 600 seconds (10 minutes). Level requirement would be around 30 - 35.

I really hope that at least some of these ideas would be taken into consideration.
- Disketa777

Edit: the Miner page. For your reference.
http://www.herocraftonline.com/wiki/index.php/Miner

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
I have no clue what skills or perks Miner has, but maybe a passive one that you gain at level 10-15 could be:
Skilled Extraction: 50% chance to drop another coal when mined
40% chance to drop another iron ore when mined
30% chance to drop 2 extra redstone when mined
15% chance to drop an extra gold ore when mined
10% chance to drop another diamond when mined

GraRona

Portal
I have no clue what skills or perks Miner has, but maybe a passive one that you gain at level 10-15 could be:
Skilled Extraction: 50% chance to drop another coal when mined
40% chance to drop another iron ore when mined
30% chance to drop 2 extra redstone when mined
15% chance to drop an extra gold ore when mined
10% chance to drop another diamond when mined

The skill mining which miners have already makes it passive that there is a chance the miner and get a double drop on any ore. Disketa is saying to make this skill exclusive to miners and miners ONLY because other classes like smith have it which makes miner somewhat non desirable of a class to pick.

SaberStone

Legacy Supporter 2
speed mine-skill from level 0 of miners
every level they gain 1.5% extra mining speed on stone
so at level 55 they'll mine a lot faster than others. This makes sense because an experienced miner would know how to mine a rock faster I think.

Disketa777

Glowstone
I think he was saying thanks to Granola for filling him in on his suggestion. As for you, the miners have a speed skill at level 55. I personally would like your idea better, but it's vastly superior to what they have currently (in my opinion) so I don't think Kainzo would go for it.

SaberStone

Legacy Supporter 2
I think he was saying thanks to Granola for filling him in on his suggestion. As for you, the miners have a speed skill at level 55. I personally would like your idea better, but it's vastly superior to what they have currently (in my opinion) so I don't think Kainzo would go for it.
oh lol XD

Chaz8591

Legacy Supporter 5
Lol I was just thinking the same thing last night. How about:

Second Glance: Reagent: 64 Cobble, Mana: 20, CD: 20 minutes,
Ability: 70% chance to return nothing, 15% chance to return 1-5 coal, 5% chance to return 1-3 Iron ore, 4% chance to return 1-4 Redstone, 3% chance to return 1-3 Lapis Lazuli, 2% chance to return 1 gold ore, 1% chance to return 1 diamond.

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
Miners definetly need something more to make them stand out. I personally love saberstones idea of mining speed increasing as you level up.

Disketa777

Glowstone
Maybe not conjure pick because it's a way into infinite iron which we don't want. Transmute ore along with the exclusiveness of the skill mining sounds legit.
I've got it. Make it a 15 minute cooldown and 1 iron ingot reagent. Sure they could still get infinite iron if a friendly Smith was willing, but the iron gain would be at a snails pace, and just be overall an unrealistic way to farm it.

jmoney222

Legacy Supporter 5
I just thought of something, on the Sanctum map tier 3 or higher donors got an ability where they could emit light, this could be a unique ability for miners.
Oh yea! You would have to hold a torch in your hand, but it would be able to give off the amount of torchlight a placed torch gives off.

Steamed

Legacy Supporter 3
Oh yea! You would have to hold a torch in your hand, but it would be able to give off the amount of torchlight a placed torch gives off.
I was thinking it would require a leather helmet and would be called "headlamp", and would passively emit light when activated (for a certain period of time)

jmoney222

Legacy Supporter 5
I was thinking it would require a leather helmet and would be called "headlamp", and would passively emit light when activated (for a certain period of time)
What I said was actually the thing that T3 donors+ had on Sanctum :confused:

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5

I remember that from sanctum, that's a great skill to give miners!

Also, what else helps people out in caves? I don't know if anybody's played with the Equivelent Exchange mod, but the picks you make in that mod with some new material had the ability to mine 3x1 and 1x3 with a single block-break.

Perhaps a skill like that can be coded for miners? With a high mana cost that lasts a minute? It would make mining underground bases go by much faster, and it's not that broken. It just speeds up mining.

EDIT: I'm suggesting a skill be made that does what the pickaxes in this video do at about six minutes into the video.