• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Skills, Binding, and Improved chat (I have more questions...)

So on the Zeal map, not only was I a Crafter, I was also an Alchemist. This meant that I NEVER used any [non-passive] skills. I was hoping that someone could briefly describe what I need to easily and quickly use my various active skills. I don't understand much beyond /bind binds a skill to a certain item. Do I need Improved chat? What advantages will I gain for skill-using if I implement that mod?

Thanks in advance.

Jorict

Legacy Supporter 7
Well, you could say bind your "R" key to use an ability. Also, what town are you joining?

Is that with normal Herocraft, or would I need Improved chat for that? What is the syntax to bind an ability to a certain key?

(I'm joining Lightforge)

Jorict

Legacy Supporter 7
Improved chat lets you bind keys. Unsure on syntax, as I don't use improved chat.

xXAmonicXx

ICE ICE ICE!
@eisbaerBorealis If you have 'Improved Chat' you can write ~help in game, that will give you a list of commands for improved chat. The ~ key is for improved chat plugin, which you use to write it's commands and such. If you want to bind a skill to a key : ~bind /skill (skillname) (key) . I don't really remember is the skillname first or the key. The improved chat let's you bind text to a key of your choice. If you have any more questions ask, or if it would be more easy for you, you could go to http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/123409-v181-wdmods-creepers-sneak-and-chat/ and slide down till you see improved chat (which is number 4(IV)). Hope that helped you at least a bit

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
@eisbaerBorealis If you have 'Improved Chat' you can write ~help in game, that will give you a list of commands for improved chat. The ~ key is for improved chat plugin, which you use to write it's commands and such. If you want to bind a skill to a key : ~bind /skill (skillname) (key) . I don't really remember is the skillname first or the key. The improved chat let's you bind text to a key of your choice. If you have any more questions ask, or if it would be more easy for you, you could go to http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/123409-v181-wdmods-creepers-sneak-and-chat/ and slide down till you see improved chat (which is number 4(IV)). Hope that helped you at least a bit
The newest verson of Improved chat in the link is IC 2.4.8 (for MC beta 1.8) does that verson of IC work whit MC 1.0 ?
Is it updeated at all?
:mad:

Woah. Angry face not required or desired.

Welp, if Improved Chat hasn't been updated, would someone explain exactly how the /bind works? I'm not calling myself a newb, I'm calling myself a n00b. Please help the retarded one.

xXAmonicXx

ICE ICE ICE!
The improved chat hasn't been fully to work with 1.0.0 I think, unless there's a beta one that works with it

Chaz8591

Legacy Supporter 5
There is an unofficially updated version of Improved chat... And with binding it's the key first, then the skill. E.G. ~bind r /skill recall

So I just downloaded improved chat and all the chat is white. Is there any way to turn the color back on? This is extremely annoying.

Did you install the non-updated, 1.8 version? Or did you install the unofficial 1.0 version and try it on the shiny new 1.1 Minecraft?