• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Skill Stats

Just before I read a suggestion post called Hero stats, where every level we would get 5 hero points to spend on making our hero better. Well something similiar is getting 5 skill points where we can spend it on skills. Each skill has five levels and each is at level one. These points increase the level by one. Increasing the level can reduce mana cost, reduce cool off time, or increase that skills ability. There can also be more things that happen and I would love to hear them

That would be really cool to have implemented. Seeing as my class could be played as a support with me maxing out Piggify/Masspiggify for lower cd, longer duration, less mana cost. I could be many points into my support skills like Might and Wisdom so they are more powerful/restore more mana. Or I could go as a hybrid Beguiler and focus some points in Piggify/Masspiggify but mostly Fireball/Plaguebomb to maximize my damage over support.

This should really be taken into account because I personally believe this would make the server more enjoyable and unique by the different ways you could customize you class to your likings.

malmenca

Diamond
I had an idea similar to this back when I Was a bard, I wanted to be able to heal better in a Mob arena but realized the roles of the individual classes are pretty set in stone. This would give some fluidity to the system.

ThatAintFalco

Portal
Also, maybe we could have heropoints for armour, and weapons as well. It'll be cool to see if people put points in armour, or weapons.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Me likey, they'll need to balance a max lvl versus your level tho. So that people dosn't put every single point into one skill, and then go about two shotting people with it. Other than that, me likey.

some commands could be
/skill points- lists available points for class and profession. (You can't use profession points for class skills, and vice-versa)
/skill point (skill name) add- add's a skill point to that skill (cannot reverse)
/skill (skill name) info- shows information about the skill (how many skill points it has and what the current mana cost is, cd time, etc.)
and for what @Detarbilate said-
/skill points armor/weapon- (lists available skill points for either weapon or armor)
/skill point (armor type or weapon ex. leather) add-add's a skill point to that armor or weapon.
/skill info (armor or weapon)- show's current info. for that weapon or armor.

Of course this is just a suggestion and would like to see what you guys think about this.

arcanegrove

Obsidian
While I really like this idea, it would take away the chance of killing a highers level person as a low lvl, a part in hc which I really like in. IF it were implemented, It would be awesome if you gained passives or skills for puting a certain amount of point into a skill/stat.
Example: You put 20 points into one as a ninja and you gain 10% out of combat run speed passive.

Example 2: you put 18 points into bladegrasp as a Sammy and gain a 7% chance to parry an attack, reducing the damage of the melee attack by 75%

Of course this word take a lot of coding, balancing and time.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
This would be great!
but it would most likely take some time if they find out that they wanna implement it...
This could also work for non PVP skills for the professions?

This would be great!
but it would most likely take some time if they find out that they wanna implement it...
This could also work for non PVP skills for the professions?
yes it can work, but the profession points you cannot spend on class skills and class points cannot be spent on proffesion skills

lhatchy1

Legacy Supporter 4
This is good, it would mean there would no longer be 16 main classes, but unlimited amounts to make your class suited to your game play and playing style etc.
However balancing would become difficult.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Stop bumping this needlessly and spamming tags to Kainzo. He reads everything, if he wants to comment he will.

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
I think it was that there would be Races added, Im not sure (or i don't) Remember the names of said, but it was discussed heavily with other members.
ETA was 3-4 months i think
With the addition of races Kainzo will add Skill points, So that Races actually have an effect on Classes.

With these Kainzo restricts some classes that you can play IE an ogre cant be a wizard or caster.

The additions are basic and simple for skill points/stats, Bigger the class the stronger/More health it has. IE STR (strength) and CON (Constitution) The leaner the class or taller, The more INT and WIS (Intelligence IE spell power) (Wisdom IE amount of mana)

The Lore behind most will be made shortly after the release I can guess.
THE BALANCE
Well with these additions, some think It may be hard to balance, That may be true, But To be quite honest, These Will play a minor role within heroes even as a big change. I highly doubt that Changes wont affect too much, Say like Each point in STR = +.5 Damage, You get say 5 points per level, Now lets calculate that with a Thief's diamond sword
120 Base STR : 0
122.5 STR = 5 level 2
125 STR = 10 Level 3
127.5STR = 15 level 4
Yes yes it may seem a bit op, But look at it this way, A dreadknight will only kill a thief faster if he does the same thing, adding to strength only.. And there can also be conditions like
If the player Adds 1 strength he/she loses 2 hp. ETC ETC.

The possibilites are infinite, and we wont know them till kainzo releases it.