• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Skill] Poison arrow

Demonxman

Obsidian
ok, with the 2.6.1 update I saw there was a poison skill for necromancers, and I think I saw that it was ranged (a range of dmg... lols I fail, but still poison arrow!!!!). Well you guys got a ranged poison skill all coded up why not implement it as a new ranger ability? poison arrow!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!

yea....

Trok

ICE ICE ICE!
No, Rangers are fine, just because none of the other classes got any cool skills doesn't mean the Rangers can take them >:O!

Demonxman

Obsidian
we have fire arrow and 8 dmg arrows, lag + range = 90% miss

we have fire arrow that's a range attack and with lag it's no better than a regular arrow (although if it hits there's a dot)

why not have a poison arrow? because we have too many skills already? lol. obviously the heroes plugin is 100% complete to you? yes? no? there's always room for improvement and I think this, poison arrow, is a damn good improvement for rangers who, at the moment are only useful if you are in a tunnel fighting or are used to extreme lag.

Trok

ICE ICE ICE!
Your just being greedy, people play a Ranger now, do you ever see any Necromancers or Bloodmages anymore? No -.-

Now you can suggest skills in the skills section, it would be a nice add-on to the Ranger but the less used and underpowered classes come first. And I agree with Jmoney as well.

Demonxman

Obsidian
I'm being greedy? I'm suggesting an obvious skill. fire arrow, poison arrow, ice arrow, explosive arrow....

it's not my fault people prefer a more melee type class.

Fury

Iron
I can see a ranger having some other range attack based on an arrow. Ice arrow maybe. Possibly a targeted barrage at a location. say 10-12 arrows over 1 second or so, in a 5x5 area at long range. around 15 or 20 squares or so.

lol the guy is just suggesting a skill, he didn't ask for everyone to bash it. When people suggest abilities, sometimes the coders and kainzo see it and say, wow what a great idea and then they try to code it and put it in to the best of their abilities. If classes are less looked at its often because less people suggest things about them. Maybe your time could be better spent hating on other peoples ideas and instead be put into new threads for those classes that don't have many abilities yet.

I like the idea of poison arrow, but how would it be different then fire arrow? Like would the poison be a dot as well? Instead of making it a dot it could be a silencing poison, or a crippling poison that slows them down or something like that. I love the idea of the poison, but with fire arrow we already have a dot.

Demonxman

Obsidian
^^ you sir have the right idea.

people look at the word 'poison' and instantly think it's a dot, but in many games poison is used to weaken people as well.

so, a weaken poison that would lower the inflicteds melee dmg by 4?

like you have said, silencing and crippling poison :D and the crippling poison can just put the opponent into a state of sneak except without the benefits of the sneak xD and only slowing them down :)