• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Skill] Jump tweaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmoney222

Legacy Supporter 5
Megan, I have to say, Jump is perfectly fine as it is. It does what it needs to, and it has a cooldown, which is much needed to help balance the class. Basically all the reasons previously stated.
I can't comment on Megan's post, as I don't know her intention when writing it, but even if it is an attempt at disrespect, I wouldn't worry too much about it, as nobody likes her anyway. :p
No need to bash on Megan, that is quite untrue. I for one, do like her. I give her credit for giving out constructive criticism to tweak and better all classes. So many people criticize her, yet very few of them actually have any better ideas.

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
As the dust settled over the thread Stronghold looked for any signs of life. It was a barren excuse for a flame war that lasted 6 entire pages. Looking around as the warm winds of the thread swept through him and he wondered how in the hell he cared in the first place. Then he want back to listening to Epic sax guy on his Ipod again and still didnt give a fuck

MajorasMask

Ungodly
THE SOLUTION TO JUMP:​
I am a wizard and mason. I rarely use root, infact almost never, but I do use fireball.​
I was up against a dragoon and I managed to escape. They were killed in the end by a non-dragon, easily.​
How did we do it? We attacked him indoors. I ask underground when I managed to escape. I did it easily too. I did not use root.​
Dragoons are not over powered. No class is under-powered, it is just how you play the class/spec. You could have all the skills in the world and still lose to a basic path such as a warrior if you were bad enough.​

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Double post! Darn it!

But anyway @Megan

I don't find any problem with jump. If you really find they will kill you, just go and hide. Simple as. If you want protection, get out of your open regioned house and join a township! :D

Or try jump for yourself, players can use it only a couple of times in a fight. Already takes a good bit of mana.

KrunknMunky

Legacy Supporter 3
I am a wizard and mason. I rarely use root, infact almost never, but I do use fireball.​
I was up against a dragoon and I managed to escape. They were killed in the end by a non-dragon, easily.​
How did we do it? We attacked him indoors. I ask underground when I managed to escape. I did it easily too. I did not use root.​
Dragoons are not over powered. No class is under-powered, it is just how you play the class/spec. You could have all the skills in the world and still lose to a basic path such as a warrior if you were bad enough.​

I wonder when this coulda been? XD <3

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
I cant even count the number of times I have been owned in a 3 high room....

MeganPerk

Legacy Supporter 6
Double post! Darn it!

But anyway @Megan

I don't find any problem with jump. If you really find they will kill you, just go and hide. Simple as. If you want protection, get out of your open regioned house and join a township! :D

Or try jump for yourself, players can use it only a couple of times in a fight. Already takes a good bit of mana.
I'm not worried about fighting dragoons -_- I can hold my own just fine against most of them. This post isn't about nerfing dragoons to make them easier in combat - it's about making jump not a jack-of-all trades button that does everything for you so you can just spam it constantly.

Jorict

Legacy Supporter 7
A fail dragoon spams it, runs out of mana, then dies. From the last post you had, there is obviously no reason for you to post any further, because you are complaining about spamming, but it's not even extremely spammable by the skilled dragoon. YOU WILL DIE IF YOU SPAM IT! If you are using Impale or other skills with it, you can't spam it. And it's fun just to jump around.

At this, I hope this thread dies. There is no more point of arguing. There is nothing wrong with dragoon. End of discussion.

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
Jump is fine. I fail to see any problem with it and if you're going to use the argument "oh you're just saying that because you're a dragoon" I'm not even going to be a dragoon next map.Oh and is it just me or do you complain about every class that's not yours?

MeganPerk

Legacy Supporter 6
Jump is fine. I fail to see any problem with it and if you're going to use the argument "oh you're just saying that because you're a dragoon" I'm not even going to be a dragoon next map.Oh and is it just me or do you complain about every class that's not yours?
I'm not complaining about dragoon's class at all. I was asking for help in making jump a more fun and challenging ability. Apparently only a few people understood that. What other classes have I complained about? I seem to recall The only complaints came from other people about me and claiming that I hack everytime i smear the floor with their faces. I'm sorry for trying to make the game more fun and diversify people into other classes?

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
I'm not complaining about dragoon's class at all. I was asking for help in making jump a more fun and challenging ability. Apparently only a few people understood that. What other classes have I complained about? I seem to recall The only complaints came from other people about me and claiming that I hack everytime i smear the floor with their faces. I'm sorry for trying to make the game more fun and diversify people into other classes?
You want help to make a skill that you don't even have a more fun, and challenging ability? Now to me that sounds like a very poorly made up excuse. Is someone a little scared to look like an idiot in front of the Herocraft community?

Jorict

Legacy Supporter 7
IT IS FUN! IT IS CHALLENGING TO MANAGE MANA AND FIGHT WHILE USING JUMP!
Please someone lock or close this thread. It has achieved nothing, and she is just going in circles. I'm tired of the ignorance.

Feel free to flame me, but you know what, I don't care. I feel that all this thread is doing is causing a flame war, CAUSED BY YOU, and needs to be locked, closed, or deleted. Doesn't matter. Just gone. Thank you for your time.

jmoney222

Legacy Supporter 5
@iHazBryn - shutup, don't cause anymore flaming than what has already occurred. We understand that people like how Jump is atm, other than Megan and possibly a few others, and that it doesn't need to be changed.

@Brutalacerate - I would like to request a thread lock.

Or @bearcat99 since you're online at the time of this post.

malmenca

Diamond
@Jeoff I would like to request a ballslam in this bisnitch.

@iHazBryn I need some black up!

It would seem the skill jump is, as viewed by many different dragoons and non-dragoons, a balanced functioning skill that is enjoyable yet challenging. If you can come up with an argument to combat all these boys up in here then by all means let me know @Megan

Status
Not open for further replies.