• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Siege Tool Extra

Starkillah

Legacy Supporter 2
I realize you are working siege tools, i was on another server with similar ideas, but the rollback over time left towns susceptible to lava/water griefing if they have a underground town /underwater . For example a wall with lava incorporated could be hit and leave a nice mess of lava, or a underwater town would have water rush into the town and grief redstone and torches etc. keep that in mind:)

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
The tnt blowing up may directly mess up some redstone circuits also, if they are near enough to the wall.

Starkillah

Legacy Supporter 2
Exactly, and roll back of things like torches, lava , water and redstone is buggy. In my experience.

Popeyepoop1

Legacy Supporter 7
I realize you are working siege tools, i was on another server with similar ideas, but the rollback over time left towns susceptible to lava/water griefing if they have a underground town /underwater . For example a wall with lava incorporated could be hit and leave a nice mess of lava, or a underwater town would have water rush into the town and grief redstone and torches etc. keep that in mind:)
What?

Starkillah

Legacy Supporter 2
That other guy got the point, its not the grammar that counts, its a pretty simple point, TNT rollbacks can fuck redstone and cause water/lava greifing.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I have heard from multiple players yesterday that Kainzo wishes to feature a ''TNT'' skill for some people, which would allow them to blow up a section of the map, walk through it, and have those blocks regenerate after.

This is fine, and would be fun to use in the wilderness! :p But, I have some questions:

- Will it work in regioned areas? If so, what types of regions? Spawn right to townships? Or just townships? What about MAs?

- Who will be able to use the skill? Will you install a new class/spec for it, or give the ability to a current spec?

- What would it consume? Other than TNT, are there any other materials would you need?

I would look forward to it being used in town regions. That would influence many people to build town defences and such, which could really boost town activity! :p

I wouldn't like it to be seen in spawn. People who have noble plots would lose all their items and privacy. I know LWC chests are the ''true'' way of protecting items, but in my eyes, people pay so much (2500c+) for those plots, so they should be ensured safety of their items inside, whether or not in LWCs. :eek:

Otherwise, they would have to make defences of their own, obsidian walls and all. My last question, would the TNT break blocks normally? Like any block other than obsidian ect ect? Or will it break obsidian? :eek: In which case, we are all SCREWED! :p

Or, have I just been lied to and there is nothing coming up in terms of TNT? :p

So many questions... :D

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
If there is going to be tnt, it probably won't be placed in regions. I see it more fitting to make tnt cannons to lob tnt into enemy regions.

xxMASSCHAOSx

Legacy Supporter 3
If there is going to be tnt, it probably won't be placed in regions. I see it more fitting to make tnt cannons to lob tnt into enemy regions.
Ya that's how I kind of imagined it, A cannon of sorts so that you couldn't destroy things in Dragongarde and you'd have to set up a cannon outside of a township if you wanted to get in. And they might simply just extend the regions on the ma's. I'm sure if it doesn't work like this the staff will find a way to make it work. :)

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
Tnt should definitly go through town regions to make raiding possible. I'm pretty tired of going to a town where all they do is hide inside their glass bubble and break windows to snipe down with bows as we yell insults at them to try and get them to come down. But it shouldn't go through dragongarde or anything like that.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
I have heard from multiple players yesterday that Kainzo wishes to feature a ''TNT'' skill for some people, which would allow them to blow up a section of the map, walk through it, and have those blocks regenerate after.

This is fine, and would be fun to use in the wilderness! :p But, I have some questions:

- Will it work in regioned areas? If so, what types of regions? Spawn right to townships? Or just townships? What about MAs?

- Who will be able to use the skill? Will you install a new class/spec for it, or give the ability to a current spec?

- What would it consume? Other than TNT, are there any other materials would you need?

I would look forward to it being used in town regions. That would influence many people to build town defences and such, which could really boost town activity! :p

I wouldn't like it to be seen in spawn. People who have noble plots would lose all their items and privacy. I know LWC chests are the ''true'' way of protecting items, but in my eyes, people pay so much (2500c+) for those plots, so they should be ensured safety of their items inside, whether or not in LWCs. :eek:

Otherwise, they would have to make defences of their own, obsidian walls and all. My last question, would the TNT break blocks normally? Like any block other than obsidian ect ect? Or will it break obsidian? :eek: In which case, we are all SCREWED! :p

Or, have I just been lied to and there is nothing coming up in terms of TNT? :p

So many questions... :D
I'll take some of your concerns and answer them to the best of my ability.
  • Will it work in regioned areas? If so, what types of regions? Spawn right to townships? Or just townships? What about MAs?
    • The TNT would not be able to be placed in a region that you do not have permission for, so you would need to use a TNT cannon for using them against personal regions, towns, etc., As for MA's, I'd imagine that the Staff would make it so it doesn't work there are Dragongarde.
  • Who will be able to use the skill? Will you install a new class/spec for it, or give the ability to a current spec?
    • Kainzo has said that either it will go to Engineer, or a new profession made for Siege Warfare.
  • What would it consume? Other than TNT, are there any other materials would you need?
    • Unsure of this - I'd imagine just the TNT, however, unless making a TNT cannon, of course! :p
Hope this helped @MajorasMask !

Starkillah

Legacy Supporter 2
You guys are missing the point? The explosion from the TNT could potentially harm things that , in my experience, had buggy rollbacks, like lava, redstone, and water.
This in turn , can cause griefing to peoples town. That precious "Gate" that kept your town safe? Well if there were to be some raiders that shot a cannon at it, or used TNT to destroy it (however this tool be implemented) . It could grief your signs/redstone , and not only leave your town susceptible for seconds, but for as long as it takes for you to repair it in the midst of combat.
Referring to Lava/Water griefing... im talking about a underwater town, and a glass or stone roof that is blasted through, water would come rushing down into the town , griefing torches/redstone/redstone torches and redstone which would break circuits, and leave the town dark and the rollback would ignore those blocks since they werent damaged by the explosions, they were damaged by water. Just examples.

Im pretty sure i laid that out clearly enough.

yeelowsnow

Legacy Supporter 9
I agree with starkillah, The potential for lava/water grief very high. If this is implemented, I'm afraid that too many people will abuse it in order to render town defenses helpless for extended periods of time. I know that there are quite a few places in my town that, if hit correctly, will render parts of my defenses completely useless.
#2cents

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
You guys are missing the point? The explosion from the TNT could potentially harm things that , in my experience, had buggy rollbacks, like lava, redstone, and water.
This in turn , can cause griefing to peoples town. That precious "Gate" that kept your town safe? Well if there were to be some raiders that shot a cannon at it, or used TNT to destroy it (however this tool be implemented) . It could grief your signs/redstone , and not only leave your town susceptible for seconds, but for as long as it takes for you to repair it in the midst of combat.
Referring to Lava/Water griefing... im talking about a underwater town, and a glass or stone roof that is blasted through, water would come rushing down into the town , griefing torches/redstone/redstone torches and redstone which would break circuits, and leave the town dark and the rollback would ignore those blocks since they werent damaged by the explosions, they were damaged by water. Just examples.

Im pretty sure i laid that out clearly enough.
At the very least, your example in the second half is actually invalid - Explosions in water do not destroy blocks. This being said, I am sure that the Staff will do what they can to make things run smoothly - They have in the past, after all.

Starkillah

Legacy Supporter 2
At the very least, your example in the second half is actually invalid - Explosions in water do not destroy blocks. This being said, I am sure that the Staff will do what they can to make things run smoothly - They have in the past, after all.
You take from it what you like, there are a number of things i havent though about, these are just ideas that come to mind.