• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Sid Meier's Civilization V

Iarbobray

Legacy Supporter 2
I got this game when it was 7$ on steam. It's a pretty fun strategy game. I recommend getting it if you can. If those poorly written sentences didn't make you want it, here's this: You can be Gandhi then take over the world and rule it with an iron first.

It's also the reason I haven't been on as much as I wanted to. I can't even finish one game in a day, it's so amazingly long.

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
One game in a day? I spent a week on an Epic length match earlier this month. I was about to start a nuclear war with Egypt to claim their MASSIVE island. My computer borked before I could finish :<
If you want a long game, try Space Empires V. You may end up playing one game for 3-4 weeks.

If you haven't dabbled with mods yet, I'd suggest trying to find a copy of CCMAT that is compatible with the newer versions. It really adds a lot to the game.

Iarbobray

Legacy Supporter 2
I just got this, and I haven't really tried to finish a game yet. Currently I'm working on a marathon game where it somehow happened I'm in the modern era and everyone else is medieval. Since I'm rather new to the game my difficulty is only 2, but I'm having great fun taking over the world

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
Yeah, it really kills the immersion when you're taking tanks against musketmen and pikes. If you wanna go for a domination victory, you might try one of the mods that cuts down the unit and city maintenance. It lets you host much larger armies, and a have a bigger empire. Also, next game, be sure to set the difficulty up pretty high. Without the NPCs holding you back, you tend to have nuclear weapons before the other players have infantry.

Iarbobray

Legacy Supporter 2
The game I'm currently playing is basically my first game, that's why the difficulty is so low.