• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Show off your desktop!

Amgroma

Legacy Supporter 9
Update. Third monitor died, switched to cat wallpaper. <3

kfNj

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
biolQ.png

Did I win?

I'm not one to criticize but.... Internet Exploder? Redundant desktop and taskbar shortcuts? Looks like you still have your crapware installed too (the stuff your pc comes with) :p

But damn that's a nice background! :p

I think its time for spring cleaning... Also, the only reason why crapware is installed is my dad doesn't want me removing anything without his consent.

OrangeAngel

Legacy Supporter 2
Did I mention I'm a Necrophiliac in game too? ;)

snip
I'm confused on what you did to your XFCE... you mixed it with unity with some type of dock, guessing Daisy, or Fancy Dock, and then made it look like the unity desktop... It looks weird.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Did I mention I'm a Necrophiliac in game too? ;)

snip
I'm confused on what you did to your XFCE... you mixed it with unity with some type of dock, guessing Daisy, or Fancy Dock, and then made it look like the unity desktop... It looks weird.

Oh I fucked up my LMDE XFCE desktop and switched back to Mint 12 stable (GNOME) (becuause Ubuntu sucks and I don't agree with their ideologies). What you see there is MATE, which is a shell of GNOME 3 that is much more like GNOME 2, but Linux Mint put their own fancy menu on the bottom like they do. I actually like the Mint menu better than the Applications/Places/System buttons anyway. I only use it when I am running an application I don't use everyday, since my common stuff is up on the dock.

It's the same shit as regular GNOME 2, just on the bottom and all in one button with a better-than-UNITY search bar:

mintmenu1.png

It's also collapse-able, but in MATE it can only be done from the preferences menu when you right click on the menu button. I don't know if I like that:

mintmenu2.png

I'm just trying it out because it's standard with the x64 version of Mint 12. I heard on the internets that installing XFCE on top of it causes alot of issues (simillar to the issues I had with LMDE that made me switch, had alot to do with my GNOME and XFCE settings conflicting with each other, even though on LMDE i wasn't using GNOME, just one GNOME package manager app) so I just haven't tried to get XFCE back.

I was thinking of trying Cinnamon desktop environment. It's simple and cool. MATE is nice but it's still an attempt to cling on to a past that is long gone, that being GNOME 2 :p But it's fun to use! I'm trying not to play with my computer's configuration too much becuase I use it for school. I don't really have that kind of time, or i'd use Arch lol

OrangeAngel

Legacy Supporter 2
I recommend a KDE desktop, OpenSUSE is nice, but it is rpm, not Debian. Kubuntu isn't as terrible as ubuntu, because there isn't unity. I'll get a pic of my KDE desktop once I install Kubuntu again.